Author: Subject: Looking Good
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 14-11-2004 at 22:32 Reply With Quote
Looking Good

Not a lot of wind around here this wekend, so those of you who headed further North made the right decision.

As soon as it gor dark this evening it started filling in though and is sounding OK out there at the moment. Forecast looks good up until (and including) Thursday as well, so it should be a good week.

Shem... Are you up for a dawny at around 7.30 2moro??... Have to get to the plumb centre pretty early, so it'll have to be a fairly quick session.... Forecast is Westerly 20 knots.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

shawn
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 403
Posts 255

Mood: Chilled

posted on 15-11-2004 at 09:15 Reply With Quote
Mornin' Troops!

I just spent the whole weekend in Whitby - without my kit - and was amazed to witness the best waves I have ever clapped eyes on, anywhere in the world, rolling up into Robin Hoods bay in perfect sets- I'll attach a photo tomorrow when downloaded - It was an awesome sight - perfect mast high waves, but really smooth and glassy and tubing down almost the entire length - there were about a dozen surfers out catching fast rides in excess of 200m and getting tubed Hawaii style - I've never seen anything like it except on telly - you won't believe the pics are from the east coast..... Does anyone know if this is normal?

Don't have a cow man!

Wes
A Force-of-Nature *

I Love Men in Uniforms!

Member #: 198
Posts 198

Mood: Wanting SW winds!

posted on 15-11-2004 at 13:14 Reply With Quote
Yes, its pretty normal. One of the best breaks in Europe is just north of Whitby, its not exactly un-known, but you'll have to do some homework 'cos I aint tellin! I go there quite often, but am afraid of the reef so havn't plucked up the courage to go out yet!

I have played dodge the waves on one of Whitby's piers years ago, That means faces in excess of 30ft......

Jonny
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 394
Posts 308

Mood: waitin for the next blow!

posted on 15-11-2004 at 18:33 Reply With Quote
Had good conditions today. A nice 20 knot breeze blowing and its forecast to be good for the next 2 days in the North West. Then its all downhill after Wednesday with the cold snap. anything below 8C is too cold and unpleasent for windsurfing so no windsurfing for me till the temp picks back up again next week maybe

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy