Author: Subject: kite
angel88

Member #: 1004
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 3-10-2004 at 23:28 Reply With Quote
kite

Hi

If I'm 5 foot and about 52kg what size kite is advisable for learning with. Will be k.surfing in UK.

bucski
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 275
Posts 622

Mood: i'm never in a mood

posted on 3-10-2004 at 23:36 Reply With Quote
52kg!!! that's light, I would guess around 10m at that weight, tricky one, as i am around 78kg, what does everyone else think
shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 5-10-2004 at 09:02 Reply With Quote
Your welcome to come and try some kites before you get your own, if you can get to mid wales. Weve got every different size possible here to try!!

All the best.

Do you want to learn land kiting or is it for the water?? Or a bit of every thing?

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 5-10-2004 at 18:15 Reply With Quote
I posted something here the other day but it doesn't seem to be here anymore...Maybe I switched my computer of before pressing the 'Reply' button!

Basically I said, you would be better of getting a smaller kite such as a 7m to start with. At your weight you will need a much smaller kite than most people on the beach anyway, and to start with smaller is best as it will mean you can get out more.... If you go for anything too big, you'll have to pack it away as soon as the wind gets to Force 4 and it will only come out once the wind gets to the 8-10 knots, at least with a smaller kite, you'll still be able to use it in 8-10 knots, but will also be able to use it in stronger winds. You'll eventually want more than one anyway, and the smaller kite can then become your high wind kite.... Start off small!!

Also, as Shem said, we have a whole range of kites here that you are welcome to try, or come and have a lesson with Shem where you'll get the basics sorted and be able to use the right size for the given wind. It's much better and easier to learn the basics with the right kit.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy