Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Re: 16th September 2004 Diary Entry by justal.
justanna
Administrator

Member #: 2
Posts 251

Mood:

posted on 17-9-2004 at 09:43 Reply With Quote
Re: 16th September 2004 Diary Entry by justal.

On 16th September 2004, justal wrote:

quote:
Windsurfing: Golf Course Car park, Ynyslas
Wind Direction: SSW
Wind Stength: 20-40 knots
Surf / Sea State: 3 foot messy surf
Air Temperature: 13¬?C
Sea Temperature: 16¬?C
Weather: Cloudy

Not much fun out there today. On the beach the wind was a little marginal at around 16-18 knots, but I decided to rig my biggest kit (5.7m & 90ltr) and get out there anyway. As I started walking down the beach with the kit, something felt wrong...surefly there was too much wind for this kit, so I went back to the van and rigged the 5m instead. Once run on that with the 90 ltr board and it was obvious the wind had picked up even more so it was back to the van again for the little board. Checked the windspeed on the beach while I was there and it was reading 25 knots (which meant 30 on the water)... Out with the little board and the 5m well-downhauled... Just one scary run... FAR too much wind, so back up the beach again and rigged the 4.5m. This time it was just about manageable for a couple of runs, but I was still overpowered and it wasn't comfortable. A few jumps, not particualrly high, but the sort where you come off the top of the wave with no speed and because you are overpowered just seem to hang there suspended 6 foot in the air for a while. The wind then went mad and staying on the board was a nightmare. Couldn't be bothered to rig the 3.4m so called it a day.... I think the wind was the winner today.

Got to use lots of toys though!

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy