ste
Hot shot

Member #: 193
Posts 45

Mood:

posted on 10-9-2004 at 14:32 Reply With Quote
Informal Slalom Racing, Tenby 25/26th Sept

FYI

We are organising a really informal / social windsurfing Slalom fest 25-26th Sept, South Beach, Tenby.

This was going to be part of the formal SCUK series but now the emphasis is just going to be fun and were trying to attract as many recreational windsurfers (beginners to experts) from across Wales and further afield.

The emphasis is going to be on fun - no kit restrictions - just muck in and race ya mates on what ya got!

(there will be a small charge to cover jet ski petrol etc)

The format etc will decided on the day - but maybe downwind slalom, figure of eight and a masterblast (eg across to Caldey and back maybe).

Hopefully there will also be some prizes going as well (eg Windsurf Ts, caps, keyrings etc).

There might also be some 04/05 Demo kit (tbc)

On the Sat night we'll all go into town and grab some beers and food - venue etc tba

get there for approx 10am...

Steve

07771 940 803

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 10-9-2004 at 16:03 Reply With Quote
At last... that sounds just like what the sport of windsurfing needs... I've always thought informal racing on whatever kit you've got was the way to go... basically get out there and have some fun, and if you come last you can always blame your kit!

I thought about organising such an event here, but have never had the nerve to do it (seeing as I know nothing at all about racing).

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 25-9-2004 at 21:19 Reply With Quote
How did the w/e go Ste??? I had sort of planned to come down, but the wind didn't look great and the next few weekends will be busy, so I thought a weekend with nothing to much to do was in order.

Hope you managed to get some racing in.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

kelvin
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 148
Posts 356

Mood: waiting 4 next blow

posted on 27-9-2004 at 17:37 Reply With Quote
it never really got off the ground due to the poor winds shame really as the guys had pit some effort into organising it . Only the " boy racers " got out and the racing never happened , piss up sat night was spot on though , although me and clive had to put the kids to bed early to continue on our own .

Kel www.winsurfing.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   kelvin 's ICQ status

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy