Author: Subject: New Board - First Try
paul
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 5
Posts 445

Mood: Well Chuffed

posted on 1-9-2002 at 20:59 Reply With Quote
New Board - First Try

Well my new board arrived on Friday, horrah ! So as soon as it turned up I legged it from the office and headed off to Marazion to give it a try, I'd be watching the trees swaying and the clouds scooting across the sky all morning was needless to say I was quite excited. When I got to the beach I spoke to a swedish chap who had a windmeter and he said there was 8 - 10 knots with occasional gusts up to 17knts, not quite as much as I had hoped, aparrently there was more there earlier, still since I was dying to try the new board and there was a good swell running I rigged a 5.4 Pryde NR, and wallowed out through the white water, the board although not planing drove well through the white water, and got me out back and a little upwind, so with a quick "splash" tack I headed back in with the waves, and I was immediatly impressed with how quickly I could catch a wave with just a couple of pumps and how manoverable the board was once on the wave, so I'm very pleased. There was the odd gust that got me back to the straps, but not for long so it was mostly wallowing out and surfing in which was fun. Can't wait to try this board in more of a blow as I think it's going to be excellent. I'll do a more through review of the board when the wind next arrives.

Home Page
http://www.nationalwindsurfingweek.org

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 2-9-2002 at 06:40 Reply With Quote
I wasn't expecting that. After the day of solid 4.5m weather that we had here on Friday, I had expected it to be too windy for your new board....I could have done with my wave board as my Hifly was too big really. Still, at least you got out on it for a bit.
Why didn't you take a bigger sail out, it must take up to a 7.0m??... Or is that next on your shopping list!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

paul
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 445

posted on 2-9-2002 at 08:18 Reply With Quote
yeh there was more wind earlier in the day here it was dyying away as I arrived at the beach though

as for sails, well it was either a 5.4 wave sail or a 6m slalom sail and the wave sail seems to have better low end power, and the 7.2 diablo would have been too big and heavy, guess I just need a new 6.2 wave/freestyle sail <lol>

still I'm sure the decent winds will soon arrive.

Home Page

paul
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 445

posted on 2-9-2002 at 11:07 Reply With Quote
Just put some pics of my new board on my site along with a few pics of my old vitsea board.

click below and then on toys

Click for Pics

Home Page

adam

Member #: 3
Posts 184

Mood:

posted on 2-9-2002 at 15:10 Reply With Quote
Looks nice, how much volume does it have? All this talk of new kit I might jump on the bandwagon soon..... or at least after I get payed at the end of the month!
paul
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 445

posted on 2-9-2002 at 15:49 Reply With Quote
it's got 100 litres and since I'm 85kg it floats me nicely, and I'm pretty sure with more wind I'll be able to tack it too.

Home Page

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy