Author: Subject: Borth visit
Shaka
Hot shot

Member #: 252
Posts 63

Mood: Frustrated - im working

posted on 16-7-2004 at 07:57 Reply With Quote
Borth visit

Another great time had in Borth. Arrived Saturday morning and it was blowing nicely, although a bit onshore for a classic day but welcome.

I sailed from Golf CP and met up with a few forum users (hi guys:bigsmile3d. They were kiting and ripping it up and down the beach - some big air.

(Sorry I didn't catch up with you more on the Saturday evening - I hope the friendship inn lived up to its name!)

I sailed with a 4.5 but some others were out on 5m.

The waves seemed quite closely spaced and just white water mush on the inside with the occasional ramp. As the wind was very onshore and waves relentless I found it quite hard to get out back but managed a couple of times when I got a lucky break.

Outback was great fun if a bit daunting as the waves were quite big and breaking big time in the onshore wind. It was good fun running along and trying to ge the timing right. As I saw one start to break and I would go onto a broadreach to try and outrun the white water - I got caught a couple of times as I totally miss timed it and the wave caught the back of the board and sent it spinning with me hanging on. A bit scary as some of the faces were quite large (for me). I had some nice floaty jumps on the outside as the waves were better formed.

The sunday was a bit of a right off as the wind disspered totally - I didn't really get out again all week. I spent a couple of day instructing my girlfriend who is doing well atm. Did the usual walks and touristy things - saw a seal (near Aberdovey) and an otter on borth beach.

Great week all in all - I have booked up the cottage for Christmas - 4days - I hope its windy

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 16-7-2004 at 12:43 Reply With Quote
Glad you had a good time Shaka.... And that I got to see you briefly on Saturday morning before I had to rush off!!!

From my vantage point in the registry office it looked as though that saturday continued to be good.... Still, I don't plan on missing any more good days on the beach for the same reason!!!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Shaka
Hot shot

Member #: 252
Posts 63

Mood: Frustrated - im working

posted on 16-7-2004 at 15:40 Reply With Quote
Haha - I hope you dont use that excuse again! It was a shame you had to shoot off though - im sure she would have understood if you had been a bit late.

Anyone reading this and thinking about somewehre to go for a week windsurfing, kiting etc - I cant say enough about Borth. Get your bum there - loadas of camping and cheap accomdation - a really nice spot and I cant wait to go again - a nice change to some south coast locations is the lack of attitude. I have sailed at spots where people turn up who cant even windsurf properly but have all the gear and a nice new audi estate or 4*4, trying to hard to live the lifestyle - (i suppose they keep the shops happy so shouldnt moan to much).

In Borth you get guys who know how to use thier gear - it really makes you want to improve your sailing - they give good sound advise and a friendly bunch.

I must admit im quite lucky bcs i have friends who have use of a place right on the beach. We had bonfires and bbq's on the beach so certainly helps but the chilled feeling is there wherever you are staying.

Already looking forward to my next Borth visit but also doing a few trips to the pembrokshire coast and then ireland for my honeymoon - cant wait!

kelvin
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 148
Posts 356

Mood: waiting 4 next blow

posted on 16-7-2004 at 18:26 Reply With Quote
hey no Audi estates this way either , but attitude a plenty , anybody welcome including audi drivers as it takes all types , if we all sailed the same it would be boring .

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   kelvin 's ICQ status

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy