Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Re: 23rd June 2004 Diary Entry by justal.
Hans@BW
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 680
Posts 150

Mood: Need some waves..... :-(

posted on 24-6-2004 at 05:14 Reply With Quote
Re: 23rd June 2004 Diary Entry by justal.

Al,

I wish I lived near the coast..... green with envy.... sounds like you had a real good one!

Hans.

On 23rd June 2004, justal wrote:

quote:
Windsurfing: Golf Course Car park, Ynyslas
Wind Direction: WNW
Wind Stength: 25-40 knots
Surf / Sea State: 3-4 foot messy surf
Air Temperature: 12¬?C
Sea Temperature: 15¬?C
Weather: Driving rain.

Mad mad mad!!!!

Went to the estuary first where Nick and Mark were out on 5.5 m sails in the flat water. I decided it looked a bit too tame and gusty in there so headed off to the seafront. Chris was out kiting and had been out on his 12m, but was just changing down to a 5m kite as the wind was picking up.

I rigged my 5m and my wave board and got out there. I was nicely powered up and having fun. Unfortunately (or is it fortunately), the wind had swung around to WNW rather than WSW, so I didn't try any forwards. Nick then joined me with his 4.5m but was struggling in the waves. I was having a good time though with some nice fast runs between the waves and some nice jumps.

After a while, Chris packed up as the wind was now around 30 knots, and a little later I decided to change down to a 4.5m By the time I had, the wind was around 40 knots and even that was too much. I did have a few fun runs totally overpowered though. AJDESQ turned up, but it was just too windy for him to go out. I couldn't be bothered to rig my 3.4m sail so packed up and went home.

Its not often that its too windy to sail in the summer, but its certainly blowing a hoolie out there today!

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 24-6-2004 at 05:58 Reply With Quote
It was pretty good for a while, but just became too much by the end. I guess I would have been OK with the 3.4m sail, but its never that enjoyable with such small kit.

Chris was out with his 5m kite a couple of times and seemed to be having fun. I could see his kite above the dunes from my house in the evening and it looked as though he ws flying along... Not surprising really in 40 knot winds!

Its still blowing a hoolie out there now as well, but I don't quite have the energy to get out for an early morning session... Hopefully some of the wind will hang around until later this afternoon though.

Not bad for June!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Hans@BW
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 680
Posts 150

Mood: Need some waves..... :-(

posted on 25-6-2004 at 04:42 Reply With Quote
Have now turned very dark shade of green..... ;-(

Hnas.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy