Author: Subject: New Harness
J...
Hot shot

Member #: 145
Posts 30

Mood: Margarita Bound 08/12/04 Bring

posted on 13-5-2004 at 21:25 Reply With Quote
New Harness

Ok so I need a new harness. I had a Neil Pryde Free race seat and was pretty pleased with it before I sold some of my kit and went into semi retirement. I am thinking of going to a waist harness and have looked at the new Pryde impact harness thingy. Any comments on this?? what else is worth a look ???
Cheers J...

Wes
A Force-of-Nature *

I Love Men in Uniforms!

Member #: 198
Posts 198

Mood: Wanting SW winds!

posted on 13-5-2004 at 22:25 Reply With Quote
For waist harnesses, I love my Naish. I tried a Neil Pryde with the quick release spreader bar in a shop, but I had cold hands when i tried to put it on and could barely work the buckles. Didn't think that sounded a great investment for UK windsurfing.......

Oh, and welcome back!

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 14-5-2004 at 05:40 Reply With Quote
Welcome back J.... I knew you couldn't resist the freezing cold days sitting on the beach waiting for the wind!!

I don't have any recommendations for harnesses though. I use the Gun waist harnesses as they are cheaper than the others, Theres nothing particularly special about them, but they seem to work. I guess its just a case of trying some on to see which one feels most comfortable really. Mind you, I didn't even do that, just ordered it from Gun and hoped for the best!

So, when will you be experiencing the joys of Borth!??

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Stevievee
Hot shot

Member #: 119
Posts 48

Mood:

posted on 14-5-2004 at 05:51 Reply With Quote
I know someone who had th NP impact vest thingy and they didn't like it and took it straight back. It was too restrictive and they could hardly breath!

SV

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 14-5-2004 at 05:53 Reply With Quote
Thats true.... Dunk, didn't Steveo have one of those impact vest harnesses on that time he got trashed at Borth (sorry to remind you about it Steveo if you read this!)...

I'm sure when he finally got out of the near death experience he was moaning that the impact vest nearly drowned him! ??

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

SeanBo
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 135
Posts 337

Mood: Optimistic!

posted on 17-5-2004 at 22:20 Reply With Quote
Come on J.... I know you have lost a lot of weight, but you don't have a waist, so a waist harness is not an option! getwith the Stella botseat harness brigade again!

Is there wind on the way??

Hans@BW
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 680
Posts 150

Mood: Need some waves..... :-(

posted on 18-5-2004 at 07:32 Reply With Quote
J...

The guys are right the impact vest harnesses are a nightmare and are really marketed at those men who like to fly around on sections of rip stop nylon and 30m lengths of fishing line!

We have some deals on at the shop - if you let me know your size I can bring some to the beach - I am assuming you sail in Wales...? By far the best harness - out there and I speak from experience of borrowing Ian's yesterday is the Da Kine Thermoform. I have to admit I did think that the speal about it setting to your back and being the most comfortable harness ever was bollox..... but after yesterday's sailing I am converted! I was blasting around the lake for a couple of hours then the wind dropped off so I got a big board and small sail and went doing some freestyle - well actually more like freefall and hardly knew that I had the harness on.... V Impressed.

Hans.

dunk
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 570
Posts 606

Mood: Spaced out

posted on 18-5-2004 at 14:05 Reply With Quote
Yeah right Al, don't think Steve's worn it since, not even to kite. That one has to go down as one of the best wipe outs I've ever seen (ouch!)

Have to agree with Hans though, I've had a thermoform since they came out about 5 yrs ago. Its starting to wear now and I'll prob get the thermoform kite. Got to say I tried one of the new pro limits on in the shop the other day and it was really nice . waist harnesses seem to have come a long way, my advice J is to find one that fits and suits you.

Hans@BW
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 680
Posts 150

Mood: Need some waves..... :-(

posted on 18-5-2004 at 21:56 Reply With Quote
Right on Dunk.... if it fits and its comfortable who gives a monkees what the name is on the side...!

Hans!

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy