rob
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 550
Posts 375

Mood: tired!

posted on 27-2-2004 at 10:56 Reply With Quote
wetsuits

hi guys

just wondered if you could recommend a decent brand of wetsuit at a reasonable price. i'm guessing the sea in sunny wales doesnt get that warm so i'm thinking of a 5,4,3 suit minimum? would that be warm enough?

any links to a decent online shop would be appreciated too.

cheers

rob

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 27-2-2004 at 11:06 Reply With Quote
5/4/3mm will be warm enough for the winter.

In the summer a thinner suit will be enough, and for a few weeks a 3/2mm Shorty is fine.

As far as brand goes, then thats not really important as its the fit that counts.. Although saying that I alwasy avoid Gul suits these days as everyone I've had has been crap and fell apart in no time.

Sola are good. If you want the warmest available then Spartan are really good, but they are expensive. Custom made ones are of course good, and places like Snugg in Cornwall and Second Skin in N. Devon are good for that sort of thing... They don't really work out any more expensive either.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Thodd
A Force-of-Nature *

Most active Body-boarder 2004

Member #: 446
Posts 278

Mood: itchin to get wet!!!

posted on 27-2-2004 at 12:59 Reply With Quote
I've had a Ripcurl classic for about a year now and got it for a very reasonable price - £120.

It certainly isn't the best thing on the market, but it fits me great.... and with a 0.5mm thermal vest underneath and some gloves on i've been snug as a bug in a rug over winter!

I wore it all through last summer aswell (because i'm a wimp and like to be warm) and it was great!!

rob
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 550
Posts 375

Mood: tired!

posted on 27-2-2004 at 14:22 Reply With Quote
nice one. thanks folks i'll keep a look out.

time to start saving again!

just for the record i'd probably end up wearing mine through the summer too, i don't think i can cope with the arctic currents round here!! i'm sure i saw an iceberg off the aber coastline the other day!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy