Author: Subject: this weekend in west wales
davidf
Beach Bum

Member #: 503
Posts 18

Mood:

posted on 24-2-2004 at 12:56 Reply With Quote
this weekend in west wales

i'm heading off to north west wales with my girlfiend on saturday, going to snowdonia for a wander, then planning on going to borth or any other good beach on sunday for a spot of kite boarding / buggying.
anyone got any useful tips, i've not been up that way before. wind is not looking too good for sunday, are there other beaches that are better in a NE wind? just wanna get out on to a big open beach away from the city!

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 24-2-2004 at 17:30 Reply With Quote
If you're in North Wales, you could always take a look at Black Rock Sands. Or, if it is NE you could go to places like Penmaenmawr or Llanfairfechan, or somewhere else along the Noth Coast of Wales rather than the west coast where the winds won't be so good.

Just a suggestion. I'll be in Borth though. so if you are heading this way let us know.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

davidf
Beach Bum

Posts 18

Mood:

posted on 27-2-2004 at 14:06 Reply With Quote
al,
how good is borth in a NNE wind, looks like it would be a nice drive over there on sunday from betws-y-coed, not sure if i'll get out tomorrow even though the wind forecast is much better.
if i do come down it will be with a couple of big yellow kites which should be easy to spot
cheers
david

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 27-2-2004 at 17:02 Reply With Quote
NNE will be OK in the estuary, but will be pretty gusty on the seafront. and it will be cross-shore so you'll be going across the beach rather than along its 4 mile stretch of sand.

But then, who knows what the wind will ACTUALLY do!!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

davidf
Beach Bum

Posts 18

Mood:

posted on 1-3-2004 at 08:45 Reply With Quote
you're right, the wind was strange. coming in off the sea when we arrived, then changed its mind and came down off the estuary instead. nice session, see the diaries section for more.
thanks for your help & advice al, i envy you having that beach as a local playground. enjoy

rob
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 550
Posts 375

Mood: tired!

posted on 1-3-2004 at 12:42 Reply With Quote
hi david - i think i saw your frenzy down there yesterday afternoon, but i was in the estuary with my peel - i was gonna have a walk over to have a look but the wind died and i was shattered so took the easy option and went back home to sleep!

glad to hear you had a good time, perhaps the 27th and 28th of march would be a good time to make your next visit? theres a bit of a meeting organised for that weekend which i anticipate should be worth coming to! check out the Borth BST Bash thread for more info...

rob

just found the link for the thread: http://www.forces-of-nature.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1042

al will tell you more i'm sure...

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by rob]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
davidf
Beach Bum

Posts 18

Mood:

posted on 1-3-2004 at 14:09 Reply With Quote
was that you with the pink and black kite? didn't know what it was. as i walked back i saw it on the ground and i think you might have just decided to pack up and head off
david

rob
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 550
Posts 375

Mood: tired!

posted on 1-3-2004 at 14:25 Reply With Quote
yep thats the one 5m peter lynn peel.

it was possibly the calmest i've known the estuary to be! you should of come over and said hello!

it was a nice change to be able to pack up the kite without it blowing all over the place though!

see you again soon then maybe?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
davidf
Beach Bum

Posts 18

Mood:

posted on 1-3-2004 at 19:25 Reply With Quote
yep, i'll be back some point soon hopefully. would have come over but my mind was on getting some food (hadn't eaten for 8 hours). plus my girlfriend had said she was hungry a couple of hours earlier and then said she didn't ming how long i was kiting for, which was nice of her

might see you at the end of march

david

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy