Author: Subject: Cornwall Kitesurf / Surf Road Trip
wh9260
Grommet

Member #: 123
Posts 11

Mood:

posted on 19-2-2004 at 13:53 Reply With Quote
Cornwall Kitesurf / Surf Road Trip

Hi. I'm planning a road trip with friends down north coast of Devon / Cornwall in June from Bristol. Does anyone have any great or secret spots? Any advice?

Cheers, Will.

rob
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 550
Posts 375

Mood: tired!

posted on 20-2-2004 at 22:41 Reply With Quote
hi

try brean, just south of weston-(not so) super-mare.

theres gotta be about 7 miles of beach (hard sand and tide goes out for miles) and if you park on the car park at the nature reserve the car park is locked up at 8pm so the cars nice and safe and you can camp on the dunes for free... not allowed to do that but nobody can see you and in fact for the weekend that we were there there was another group of lads there also with kites camping in the dunes.

i'll attach a couple of photos when i get back home.

rob

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 20-2-2004 at 22:50 Reply With Quote
My favourite spot on the N.Devon / N.Cornwall coast is Spekes Mill. Its not that much of a secret anymore, but its still a bit of a trek to get to it (unless they've bulldozed a dual carriageway to it now!)

Not much good for kiting, but the surf is good and its a real nice secluded out of the way spot... Mind you, I did get to know it quite well as my van brokedown on top of the cliffs there and needed a jump-start. Unfortunately (or should that be fortunately?) no one came along for a few days so I just sat it out in the van until I finally saw another car turn up... Thats not quite true as I did see a land-rover arrive next to my van once while I ws out in the surf, but it had gone by the time I got back up the cliff.

Next time I was there I came across a couple a girls sunbathing naked on the rocks which was quite pleasant!!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy