Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 7-2-2004 at 09:41 Reply With Quote
Rob... I haven't ever used one, but heres a write up on a 2002 model:

quote:

Pryde 5.9 Jet Tested Windsurf March 2002

* The Jet is one of Neil Pryde's chameleon sails, designed to excel in a number of different disciplines. There is a hint of freestyle, freeride and wave sail characteristics in there, aiming to appeal to ambitious sailors that want a mixture of performance from a versatile foil. In terms of appearance, there is not a great deal of difference between this and the Supernova II, apart from the raised clew. Nonetheless, it does retain Pryde's attention to detail and build quality, most noticeable in the precision of the rigging guidelines given. Tuning is simply effortless, requiring no investigation outside the parmeters prescribed to find the perfect setting everytime.
* On the Water Similar to the other rotational Prydes, the sail sets relatively flat but delivers a very balanced and progressive amount of power, inducing the board onto the plane without too much pressure in the hands. One of the Jet's main selling points is its wind range. Even in the most extreme of overpowered conditions it allows you to stand up and sheet out to regain control, such is the foil's stability. Tuned primarily on downhaul, its flat and efficient profile gives a respectable top speed, remaining poised and light in the hands. Whilst equally as home simply cruising around, the Jet has the added benefit of being fun to throw around, more than capable of satisfying the freestyle ambitions of most recreational sailors. The engineering of the sail is excellent. It sets flawlessly without any unwelcome creases in sight, ulitising a thick yet light monofilm in its panels. This impressive build quality, synonomous with the Neil Pryde roundel will be a reassuring feature for most, suggesting that the sail can absorb all but the most heavy of impacts. The Jet provides ample performance in all aspects of its application, but by its very nature it is a compromise and will not match the performance of sails that are specifically designed around a single discipline. Saying this, it is a very well rounded performer, perfect for most sailors who want to experiment with a variety of conditions and disciplines.
* Verdict The Jet achieves exactly what it was designed to do - an all-round, multi-discipline sail that is as comfortable in transition as it is in a straight line, Best suited to more manoeuvrable freestyle/freeride hulls, it will excel in the hands of all rider.

Sounds OK to me!!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

robsurfer
Hot shot

Member #: 518
Posts 30

Mood:

posted on 7-2-2004 at 14:32 Reply With Quote
Re: Neil Pryde Jet 5.9 Sail

Cheers for the info

Think I will now go and order one along with a new 5.0 search, then I can get out for a sail as I have not been for a few months.

I am a bit envious that you seem to get out and sail allot
especially when stuck at work in the week.

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 7-2-2004 at 15:07 Reply With Quote
I'm sure there are downsides to my lifestyle.... Mainly financial ones. At the end of the day I'd rather be out on the water than rich, but I guess its all a balancing act.

I think I've got it about right though.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy