just wanted some feedback befor parting with cash thanks

AndyW
A Force-of-Nature **

Walk Of Shame Award 2003 & 2004

Member #: 168
Posts 382

Mood:

posted on 6-2-2004 at 12:49 Reply With Quote
I have a 5.3m Trixx from 2001 and a 6.4m Trixx from 2002. I think the 6.0m goes on a 430 mast.

Although they were marketed for freestyle, I quite like them as an all rounder.

Perfectly alright for bump and jump. They accelerate quickly so they're ok for blasting about on a smallish board too.

If its any help Boardwise are selling 2003's at around £175.00 and 2002's at £150.00.

Good luck with it.

Andy

Shaka
Hot shot

Member #: 252
Posts 63

Mood: Frustrated - im working

posted on 6-2-2004 at 13:51 Reply With Quote
Johno - below taken from surfstore.co.uk / tests

I know its 2002 but may help.

NB - how is your new Mistral Synchro? - I was looking at getting the 90 or 100 later this year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Arrows 6.0m Trixx Tested Windsurf July 2002
Tne Trixx is the more dedicated freestyle alternative within the Arrows range. Still marketed as a multi-discipline foil as opposed to a dedicated freestyle only sail, it is claimed to be equally at home for general freeride use. A slightly more squat plan-shape than the Aerial, it shares the same clean simple look with a tough build underneath.
On The Water The Trixx is a classic example of a new generation freestyle crossover sail that has a huge appeal to a multitude of different riders. The freeride sailor will instantly feel at home on this rig as it has a low down centre of pull that punches boards onto the plane without any pull in the hands and yet retains its composure right up to a respectable top end that is both stable and fast. The sail is fantastically easy to use with a really balanced feel. The freestyle sailor will like it because of its compact dimensions, for it feels way smaller than a 6.0m yet is capable of punching the biggest dedicated freestyle boards out onto the plane with ease. The low down fullness reminds us of the Speedster which, like the Trixx, has a huge tuning range adjusted on the outhaul. It doesn't really like being over-downhauled like a blasting sail but the twist it gives is controlled and fast, never hinging. There are few sails that have such a universal appeal as the Trixx. I would be supremely confident in recommending it to the dedicated freestyler as well as the dedicated freeride sailor as a stronger wind alternative, it really does both disciplines so well.
Overall A fantastically balanced sail with a punchy bottom end that gets you going with zero effort and a top end that would satisfy the most dedicated freeride sailor: Light balanced and compact in the hands it will also amaze the dedicated freestyle rider: It is hard to find a board that this sail will not compliment perfectly such is its universal appeal. Suitable for all levels and abilities, it comes highly recommended.
Arrows 6.3m Trixx Tested Windsurf April 2001
Based on last year's design, the Trixx is Arrows' crossover sail. These five batten rotational are built with a high clew and set on a shorter boom to make them more user friendly for manoeuvres. Willy Blaauw makes the prototypes in Perth in OZ in as near perfect conditions as you can spit at. But the Trixx works well in our Northern hemisphere slops as well.
Bottom End Power - Good bottom end power characterises this Arrows sail. It can be pumped onto the plane quickly though it feels a little twitchy at certain stages. But it pumps up quickly if there's a little more wind.
Speed - A reasonably fast sail but the rider needs to get used to the twitchy feel of this sail to control the power in marginal winds. When well powered up it feels comfortable and steady.
Stability - Very susceptible to correct tuning. The 'normal' setting results in a very twitchy sail, more attention to the outhaul and downhaul stabilised the Trixx. It can get a bit back handed when overpowered.
Handling - The Trixx handles very well, it feels light in the hand and can be thrown about easily. It feels very well balanced and can be thrown into complex tricks easily and in control.
Suitability - Medium to high wind freestyle. Not aimed at wave sailing.
Overall - A good freestyle sail. Good bottom end power and acceleration coupled with it being easy to pump makes for a pretty good basic freestyle foil. Medium to light construction and in the mid price range.

johno
Beach Bum

Member #: 507
Posts 18

Mood:

posted on 6-2-2004 at 17:20 Reply With Quote
Thanks for the feedback, its looklike i'll probably buy that sail.As it sounds as if its just what iam after.

Shaka, re: Syncro
I havent yet used the syncro, as when I screwed the fin in it snapped and i am still awaiting new fin under warranty, i have been having a nightmare, they promised i would have it for this weekend but it hasnt arrived after many phone calls to them and only one reply, i find out today at 4.30pm that they are not getting new shipment until tuesday. So hopefully next weekend i will be able to let you know what the boards like. I bought the board from windtek and i think they have got an ex demo sycro 100 for sale at the moment.
Cheers
Johno

badexcuseforasailor
A Force-of-Nature ***

Top Poster 2003

Member #: 116
Posts 846

Mood: wheres the wind?

posted on 7-2-2004 at 16:52 Reply With Quote
I'd give the shop that sold you the board a try for a fin to borrow. You have just spent a few hundred pounds they must have a fin around somwhere that you can used til the new one comes.

http://brogboroughlake.windsurf.me.uk/

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy