Author: Subject: Which winter suit??
dunk
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 570
Posts 606

Mood: Spaced out

posted on 20-11-2008 at 20:04 Reply With Quote
Lol I know that Neil,

Ok Then, its like towing a big bucket! the water gets inside and causes loads of drag if your zip goes...

Trust me......... been there.

I'll have left by the time you arrive mate,I'm leaving after I've sailed. I've got to run the second part of a Safetyboat course Saturday.

Dunk

[Edited on 20-11-2008 by dunk]

KITE / SAIL REPAIRS

http://www.jonnieeisler.com

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 21-11-2008 at 00:37 Reply With Quote
Being a water lover, as many as on here, Ill ask one question " whats the problem with getting wet when you go in the sea"? Yes its cold at times, but even when u ware a dry suit you end up wet inside it anyway, if not from leaks from sweat. Each to there own I geuss, and I totally understand the camper van guys and drying problems, etc, but personally I wear a wet suit, chuck it in a tub, leave it in the tub then put it back on next time I go out, bit nippy at times, but hey ho, If I wanted to stay compleatly dry, and 100% warm, Id play darts or indoor football. LOL. A good steamer keeps youy massively warm, I quite often come in from kite surfing with totally dry patches inside my wet suit. A big issue is having a well fitting wet suit, like dunk was mentioning Snugg wetsuits are the best out there, especially as they offer a custom service. From a safety point of view a wet suit is always better. Surfers have survived over night in wetsuits when stuck in British seas, a faulty dry suit could be a death sentence.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 21-11-2008 at 18:52 Reply With Quote
yep Shem my Spartan fits like a skin and is fantastic for warmth and for short durations but i needs to peeeeeeeeeee; too much beer i guess, so the dry suit allows me to come in after a few hours on the water, take it off have a peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, a coffee and some snack then put it back on and go out for another few hours.
i think because i only get the chance to go out on the water after driving 3 hours and usually only at the weekends i want the luxury of spending as much time on it as poss.......ok for you local guessers who can just pop down the road , or even over the road for a quick sail.
when its warmer i do wear my shortie all the time or even just my shorts. sometimes.
LOL Dunk have a good day at the course and will pop in to see you next weekend?

A KITE IS FOR LIFE!! THAT IS IF ITS A YARGA.

founder of storm'n Normans van club!

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 21-11-2008 at 21:39 Reply With Quote
I fully understand your needs Neil, except for the pee one, love peeing in my suit I do, especially when its bone dry and Im not planning on going in the water for a good half hour, ooeerrrr, loverly! Im going to use my now nackered dry suit over a shortie for paddle boarding, as Im not planning on getting very wet, Ill find a use ofr it yet!

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

<<  1    2  >>

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy