Thodd
A Force-of-Nature *

Most active Body-boarder 2004

Member #: 446
Posts 278

Mood: itchin to get wet!!!

posted on 7-1-2004 at 12:48 Reply With Quote
Anyone know anything?

I'm desperate to get wet, and the surf reports for this weekend are looking very promising for the hells mouth area. So far its looking like 5ft waves with a south westerly which would make Porth 'oer perfect.

Does anyone know any different?
I'm scared that in my desperation to get in the sea again i'm just reading the charts in a very optimistic way!

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 7-1-2004 at 16:46 Reply With Quote
I'd say it was looking pretty good too. It looks as though a HUGE swell is about to hit us...probably starting sometime on Thursday (theres not much out there at the moment, just a few chest high waves now and then at Borth). It shoudl last throughout the weekend and into next week as there are a procession of big lows out in the Atlantic.

Unfortunately the W-SW winds will mess it up most of the time I should imagine, but all the 'secret spots' along the coast of Cardigan bay should be working, as should the well known spots around the Hells Mouth Area. There will be a few lulls in the wind, when things should clean up a little over the weekend, but when exactly these will be is difficult to tell.

Have a good 'un!.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

bodhi
Hot shot

Member #: 494
Posts 36

Mood: Reet

posted on 7-1-2004 at 23:27 Reply With Quote
That's good enough for me stu! we going then?
I'm still getting a hood though, with a winter suit, socks, gloves.... it'd be rude not to! added to which I'm a self confessed jessy when it comes to cold surf. You've just been de-sensitized by buying a car with no roof.

Incidentally does anyone else agree that it's just selfish to buy a hairdressers car with no roof and a boot big enough to fit a pair of wet boots... then make your mates drive you everywhere because they have sensible cars that will accomodate their sports? Please somebody agree with me..... please!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 8-1-2004 at 07:13 Reply With Quote
Bodhi.... Theres you with your 'happy' banana avatar and your 'best friend' with a hairdressers car... Are you sure theres something you're not telling us!!

Al.

Thodd
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 278

posted on 8-1-2004 at 13:00 Reply With Quote
Oh deary deary me.....
I'm stayin out of this one!

But Bodhi you are a jessy for getting a hood! A head freeze headache never hurt any one !?!?!?!?!

Right i'm off to be a man and chew some tobacco over a pint of mild and a game of darts whilst watching rugby

....er ...oh yeah and ave a fight! ggrrrrr

bodhi
Hot shot

Member #: 494
Posts 36

Mood: Reet

posted on 8-1-2004 at 18:46 Reply With Quote
Haha. The banana is obliviously happy, thats the story i'm sticking to!
I can assure you there's nothing untoward going on here!

Still think the mazda smells of wee

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zebedee23
Hot shot

Member #: 488
Posts 33

Mood:

posted on 9-1-2004 at 12:51 Reply With Quote
I've got a 2 seat convertible too but not hairdressers - this one is pretty quick (IMO the MX5 is a fun car anyway, though its image isn't great).

So I bought a Mondeo estate - 1994, 125,000 miles, worth less than a grand - 2 litre, quick, handles well, reliable, electric everything, roofrack but I can get my 7'6" in the back no problem, even if my Cross 100 windsurfing board and sails are in there too. Get yourself a workhorse!

The swell looks too big for me this weekend, wish I could go see it but am off to cumbria. Enjoy folks.

Thodd
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 278

posted on 9-1-2004 at 13:12 Reply With Quote
I've been checking out all the surf reports today and its safe to say it looks enormous and windy!

I have to go and see it for myself, but at the moment there is a large element of fear with the thought of going in it!

As for my car... I dont care if people ask me for a perm....its great fun! I just have to wear a fake beard whilst driving it so no one knows who i am!!!

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 9-1-2004 at 15:08 Reply With Quote
Here you go... this is what Soul Surfer had to say in his surf forecast today:

quote:
SOUTH WEST AND WALES (and south western ireland)

The wave size may slack off a bit between now and Sunday morning but there will still be totally maxed out and exeptional waves in the south west all this weekend. Go to the coast for a look at the power of the sea, but look up the river estuaries at the beaches that are always flat and you might just find a long peeling wave running along the shore that will give you the ride of your life. Unfortunately the falling tides in the morning will not be good for this, but the Sunday afternoon push should see rideable waves at some very unusual places. If you are a big wave expert and have the kit and the bottle, watch closely late on Sunday and Monday. If the intense low tracks as predicted to the southern edge of the channel the winds could go offshore south easterly for a while and blow the new enormous swell hollow and terrifying. The offshore winds may make it look easier but do not think about going out unless you really do know what you are doing and can take the wipeouts. Watch an outside wave break and then hold your breath as it rolls all the way to the beach and dies if you want to get an idea of what it might be like.

Sounds like fun!!!

As far as the Mazda goes... maybe kitesurfing with a little twintip will be the sport for you as you could fit all the kit into your car.

Al.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy