Author: Subject: Club Wanted
Pluto
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 598
Posts 281

Mood:

posted on 31-5-2005 at 20:43 Reply With Quote
Wow! That got you all going!!

Some good comments in there. The land versus water kite debate will go on for a while, however "It's all kites" and there's no getting away from it.

The main benefit of a club is to show "Due Dilgence" to the authorites so that when one of those "idiots" lets their bar fly through a group of inocent by standers, we can demonstrate that it was a one off and that we as a group are doing what we can to try to prevent it in the first place. Idiots will always be there, club or no club. No club just shows that we don't try to prevent them harming us or the public.

Is there any middle ground? Can we fund signs informally? Can we write a code of conduct informally? Can we enforce insurance??

Just thoughts!!

PS - definately not touting for business - haven't done any teaching or even kited in Wales for months. All the demand is on the South Coast!! I'm starting to miss you all... or am I?

www.kitesurfteacher.co.uk
IKO/BKSA Instructor

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 1-6-2005 at 06:59 Reply With Quote
Sorry you had a bad telling off experience Will. If any one could be bothered you could call the police. They can be done under "section 54, ( I think its 54), of the anti social behaviour act. It works in a way that if your causing a nuisance in any way and any where, you can get done for it. Its used a lot on beaches as a way of controlling jet skis at the moment. which is why a lot of harbour officials are now allowed to hand out tickets as well as the police!! Basically if you get 2-3 warnings for any thing, ( bad kiting, speeding in a car, dropping rubbish in the street, etc), you can get taken to court, you could even have your car, jet ski, what ever implement you where using confiscated permenantly!! The whole system is linked nation wide, so theres no way of getting away with it either. If you cant get the police take the persons number plate and discription and report it.

Scary stuff from Big brother, ey!!

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

Pluto
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 598
Posts 281

Mood:

posted on 1-6-2005 at 21:02 Reply With Quote
OOOh. Better behave myself in future. Thanks for the heads up Shem!!

www.kitesurfteacher.co.uk
IKO/BKSA Instructor

<<  1    2    3  >>

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy