Author: Subject: 1000 Diary Entries
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 10-11-2003 at 21:55 Reply With Quote
1000 Diary Entries

Just noticed that we've hit 1000 entries in the Personal Diaries. I have to say that I'm quite pleased with this as they took me ages to build and were my 'little baby' for a while, so its good to see them being used. I also enjoy reading all the entries, seeing what the wind / waves have been up to elsewhere around the country and like the fact that they are all about real people having real sessions....

Its good to know that I'm not the only one who has bad days on the water, and that I'm not the only one still trying to pull off the same 'tricks' as I was years ago. Reading the entries when someone finally pulls off their first carve gybe or goes for their first forward loop hopefully gives us all some hope too.

Finally keeping the diary hepls to motivate me (and others) to get out on the water more than they normally would... Which after all is what its all about.

So, I hope you're all still enjoying using them, and if you haven't started recording your sessions then what are you waiting for??

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Dave
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 15
Posts 388

Mood: Hey Ho

posted on 11-11-2003 at 13:32 Reply With Quote
It's really nice to look back at my own sessions,

Thanks Al, you did a great job.

borth-rowing-club.org.uk
borthlifeboat.org.uk

Joe
Pro

Member #: 27
Posts 76

Mood: hanging loose

posted on 11-11-2003 at 16:33 Reply With Quote
Hi,

I enjoy having a little record of what has happend during the year. Unfortunately for me it always amazing how few times I did get on the water.
As you say Al, it is also nice to keep track of what others are doing. I find it interesting how they got on in the same conditions when you share a session with friends.

Good work Al!!

Joe

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 12-11-2003 at 19:45 Reply With Quote
It amazes me just how little some people get out over the year as well. I know conditions are usually the casue of this and that the winds can be fickle, but it surprises me that people actually stick with it when they only manage to get out on the water a few times a year....

Just goes to show that those few hours of perfect blasting conditions always make up for the all the time money and effort spent driving and sitting in wet windless car parks for the wind to pick up... I bet there would be even more entries in th diaries if people started entering those days that they dorve to the beach but didn't actually get on the water!!!

As far as reading other peoples opinions of the same session, then I find that pretty interesting too... Its sometimes funny how what can be perfect conditions for one person reuslt in an absolutely terrible session for others.

It would still be good to get more people using them though, so that we can see what the conditions have been like all over the country on any given weekend.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy