Author: Subject: Epic Session At Borth
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 24-7-2002 at 18:39 Reply With Quote
Epic Session At Borth

Had a bit of an epic session from the Golf Course Car Park, Borth today. Joe phoned me first thing in the morning to let me know that he was coming to Borth as the forecast was looking good, so I arranged to have the afternoon off work. Joe got on the water at around 11am and Ben and I joined him and about 12.30pm. We were all on small boards and 5.5(ish) sails. The wind was just right and although it was pretty much dead onshore, all three of us had a really good session. After a couple of runs Joe and I headed off across the mouth of the estuary towards Tywyn. We didn't go all the way to Tywyn, but we did make it to the far side of the estuary. We then turned around and Ben came out to join us. We had gained enough ground upwind for me then to be able to go on a mad huge reach all the way to The Lifeboat Station in Borth (a distance of about 4 miles!). It was pretty rough so quite hard going and although I was planing fully the whole way and actually going pretty fast, it still seemed to take ages. At the lifeboat station I made a perfect fully planing carve gybe and then had a mad downwind run back to the Golf Course Car park, my harness line was snapping on this reach so by the time I got back, my arms were pretty pumped up. We then continued to have an excellent session with everyone making some good jumps both on the way out and coming back in and everyone taking a bit of a rinsing now and then. Derek joined us and went kite-surfing later in the afternoon, then at around 5pm when we just couldn't hold on any more we all packed up and went home stoked.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy