Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 21-9-2003 at 07:40 Reply With Quote
At last!!!

In his recent diary entry Harry wrote;
quote:
Not a great way to finish my 10 weeks here then, but all in all, can't complain really..... So time now to start looking forward to sailing again back in Blighty!!! Woohoo!!! Can't wait!!!!

At last, a chance for some other people to get into the Hall of Fame!!!!

From what i've read of his diary entries then Brazil is certainly a windy place. He's been out practically every day and with a 4.6m sail most of the time. It has certainly tempted me to think about Brazil as a viable holiday destination.

So Harry, when will you be back in the Uk, and where will you be sailing? Its gonna be a bit of a shock dealing with unpredictable winds and winter wetsuits I should imagine!! It souonds as though your time in Brazil was will worth it though.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Harry
Hot shot

Member #: 186
Posts 32

Mood:

posted on 22-9-2003 at 11:30 Reply With Quote
Yes Al, you're right, Jeri is quite a windy place. If you can find a reasonably priced flight definitely go there and you will be 100% GUARENTEED wind every day if you are there at the right time of year.

Got back to the UK yesterday. Guess what for my first full day back it is windy here! But am mucho jet-lagged, and also the airline messed up and I didn't get my bag with my harness in it from the flight. So (at last...) not going windsurfing today.....giving everyone else a chance to get back on the hall of fame....how considerate of me.

But really can't wait to climb back into my steamer (no really...), so don't worry will be posting a lot more diary entries soon. Especially since after you guys have saved all the wind from the summer here until the autumn for my return! Thanks! Will be windsurfing mostly around Southampton for the next 12 months.....if anyone sees an old Arrows 4.6 blasting around at e.g. Calshot with loads of stickers on it, including a CLUBE DOS VENTO-S sticker at the top (the S is a bit wonky...) then you'll know who it is.

Borth trip sounds great, but as an incredibly busy post-graduate student probably won't be able to make it. Hope it blows for you though.

Harry

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 27-9-2003 at 06:34 Reply With Quote
Glad to hear you had a good time out there, but also aren't too disappointed to be back in the UK. I see theres been a pretty marked decline in the number of sessions you've had since being back though.

It now looks as though ajdesq has given you a fairly good 'run for your money' in this months Hall of Fame after his trip to Kos, and I'm not that far behind!! It does look as though this will be the one month that you achieve your goal of beating me in the Hall of Fame though... Grrrrr...

Unless it starts blowing a hoolie over the next couple of days which doesn't look likely.

Are you sure you can't make the Borth trip next weekend? What year are you in of your post-grad studies??? You can't have THAT much work to do!!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy