Author: Subject: New Webhosts
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 14-6-2003 at 10:23 Reply With Quote
New Webhosts

Ok...Thakns for your patience while i changed servers, it now looks as though we are back up and runbning again, so post away!!!

There are a few problems:

First, the attachments and photos people have posted in the forums in the past didn't get transferred properly. I'll go through and do them all manually, but it will take a while as I have to download them from the old server one by one, upload them to the new server and import them into the database...it'll take me a few days to do it all.

There also seems to be a few script errors for some reason showing up in the diaires, toyboxes and Are you a Force-of-Nature section... They don't seem to be affecting the functioning of the sections, so use them as normal and ignore the warnings... I'll try to sort it out ASAP.

Lets hope these new servers are better than the last ones. We now have more webspace and more bandwidth, and so far the support I've received from Aventure Hosting has been really good.... let me know if you discover any problems though.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 14-6-2003 at 11:41 Reply With Quote
Phew.... I think I've got all the problems sorted. These hosts are using a different version of PHP and it didn't like some of my scripts... If you come across any warning massages or anything that doesn't work as it should, then please let me know.

I'll upload the photos later/tomorrow.

Let me know if you think these servers are any faster, and if there are any problems as I want to keep an eye on their performance... And get posting messages, diary entries, calendar entries etc etc to make the most of the new bandwidth and webspace that I've just paid for!!

AL.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy