posted on 1-8-2002 at 14:18 Reply With Quote
soultion to unwanted tourists discovered

paul has attached this image:

French Cruiser

Member #: 297
Posts 4

Mood:

posted on 27-7-2003 at 18:00 Reply With Quote
If you did not have tourists in the summer, what would everyone local do for money? The surf is not that good anyway........
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 28-7-2003 at 05:46 Reply With Quote
I think you'll find that Paul wasn't exactly serious and the anti-tourism thing is just a comical way of being 'trendily politically incorrect'.

Paul's from Cornwall and certainly Cornwall certainly couldn't cope without the tourism industry...The surf there isn't too bad though.

Up here in Borth, the surf isn't great, but we probably wouldn't suffer too much without tourism, obviously the businesses directly related to tourism would, be the general economy (what there is of one) would probably be OK.

I must admit though, when you live in a coastal area, the influx of tourists in the summer can be a little annoying. We kind of like it to a certain extent as it livens the place up a bit and just makes a difference, but it can be a little annoying when they've pinched you favourite parking spot, or theres a family of pale fat holiday-makers sat smack bang in rigin area!!.
I'd hate to think what it must be like in Cornwall at this time of year. I've avoided the place for a few years now as the traffic just becomes ridiculous in the summer. It isn't too bad here, even on the 10 mile journey into Aberystwyth I'm unlikely to see that many cars, so although we can't really complain, its kinda the done thing for locals to complain about. Living by the sea, surrounded by great scenery and with excellent winsurfing, kite-surfing and occasionally surfing on our doorsteps every day means theres little else to complain about!!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

SinistaPenguin
Pro

Member #: 359
Posts 122

Mood: Getting less surf than my avat

posted on 11-9-2003 at 13:37 Reply With Quote
If these 'concept drawings' of the artificial reef for Borth are anything to go by, then tourists, wanted or otherwise could be a thing of the past!

SinistaPenguin has attached this image:

harryc
Grommet

Member #: 1756
Posts 5

Mood: great, i love free food

posted on 8-3-2006 at 19:53 Reply With Quote
that pic of a helicaopter reminds me of apocalypse now. war in veietnam n all that. best reason ive yet heard for going to war and killing each other"we just wanted to surf there". i only hope youve seen apocalypse now so you no what im ona bout.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy