ajdesq
A Force-of-Nature *

F-O-N Champion 2003

Member #: 6
Posts 214

Mood: Living to kitesurf :-)

posted on 21-3-2003 at 09:54 Reply With Quote
An apology...

Sorry if it seems I¥m monopolising the diaries... I feel I should explain.

You may think I don¥t work and have nothing better to do than windsurf in far-off locations every day.

Err... that¥s correct.

Seriously, I¬•ve taken a year out from my job to travel, and maybe even crack the elusive carve gybe. So if I¬•m not the most ¬?ctive¬•member until the autumn, there¬•s something pretty wrong. Don¬•t worry, I¬•ll be back in the rat race and normal service will be resumed come October...

Andrew

justanna
Administrator

Member #: 2
Posts 251

Mood:

posted on 21-3-2003 at 09:58 Reply With Quote

quote:

So if I¬•m not the most ¬?ctive¬•member until the autumn, there¬•s something pretty wrong.

Now there's a challege for Al if ever there was one! I think he could take you up on it, especially considering he'll be living 200 yds from the water as of next week. And with no computer to play on and water to wash in what better excuse could he have!

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 21-3-2003 at 19:26 Reply With Quote
No need to apologise, thats what the diaries are there for... But it does indeed sound like a challenge!!!

Looks like we're neck and neck on the number od sessions front at the moment for this month, but I'm still winning the Most Stoked!!!

Trouble is it doesn't look as though there is any wind on the way for a while, so you should take my 'crown' over the next few days.

May the best man win.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

ajdesq
A Force-of-Nature *

F-O-N Champion 2003

Posts 214

posted on 24-3-2003 at 11:17 Reply With Quote
Shame about my s*dding bad back... if I loose I¥ll get my mum to write me a note to say I¥m excused! Have been looking at trolleys to get me kit to the beach... is that the windsurf equivalent of a zimmer frame?

Not paying 84 euro for one though... have converted a skateboard instead!

See you in the autumn.

Andrew

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 24-3-2003 at 17:30 Reply With Quote
I'd be pretty disappointed if I'd taken a year out to go windsurfing, was successfully installed at Tarifa and was still beaten in the Hall of Fame by someone who worked 55 hours last week and moved house!!!

Oh, and was maintaining the yellowest windsurfing website out there!!

I know the feeling with a bad back too... I have a couple fo prolapsed disks which are fine most of the time but every now and then they decide to play up and I can't move for a week or so let alone go windsurfing.

Does the converted skateboard work?? I was thinking about a similar device too... I'll soon be living about 100 yds from our usual launching spot, a little too far to carry my kit ready rigged through the dunes, especially as there'll be another 50 yds or so down the beach when the tide is out. But it seems a bit silly to have to drive such a short distance too, especially as I have to unlock the gate, then lock it again behind me to get into the carpark. I thought it would be good to be able to walk across to the beach with my kit, so maybe some sort of trolley would be a good idea.... For the summer at least as in the winter I need my van close by for protection from the cold and rain!

Al.

SeanBo
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 135
Posts 337

Mood: Optimistic!

posted on 24-3-2003 at 20:12 Reply With Quote
Hmmmm!

Hope you guys are not getting old before your time....If you are, maybe this site will be of help.....

http://www.petmobil.com
[Edited on 24-3-2003 by SeanBo]

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 24-3-2003 at 21:14 Reply With Quote
I worry about you Sean....How exactly did you know about that site??

Not quite to my taste I'm afraid...More of a traditionalist myself and my next toy will be coming from http://www.stannah.co.uk/

They've even got a NEW 'Outdoor Stairlift' so we'll still be able to feel the wind in our hair (if we've got any left!)
Al.

ajdesq
A Force-of-Nature *

F-O-N Champion 2003

Posts 214

posted on 27-3-2003 at 19:24 Reply With Quote
Oh pur-leeze!

Well, the skateboard kind of works... mounted the wheels at 90 degrees, and strap it on uner the rear footstrap. Sand dunes may be a problem though, as is the mud this end. Also, I still have to lift the nose of the board (with all the clobber on top) so have reverted to using the car for now. I guess the only other option is to buy/make a barrow with LARGE wheels, suitable for sand. To buy here they¥re 84 Euro, or 65 in Decathlon. Ouch. I¥ve even considered a wheel barrow....

And as for living in a caravan, be careful Al & Anna, you might just like it! ;-)

Andrew

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy