Author: Subject: Toys, Toys, Toys....
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 31-7-2002 at 19:33 Reply With Quote
Toys, Toys, Toys....

Well, I've gone and done it...flexed my credit card and ordered lots of new toys.

On the shopping list was the following:

• 5.0m Gun Wave MC sail.
  • 5.7m Gun Wave MC sail.
  • 430cm C75 Gun Loop mast
  • Gun Wave boom (150-200cm)
  • 2x Gun Wave bases with UJ
  • 2x Gun Mast cups
  • Set of Harness lines.

I ordered it around 7pm this evening and it should all be here by Friday which is cool. I've already got a 6.3m Gun Groove, 4.5m Gun Wave MC, 460 Loop C75 mast and Gun Boom, so most of my quiver is now going to be Gun kit, but it all seems to function perfectly well, seem pretty durable and is half the price of almost any other manufacturers kit. And with a 2 yr warranty on most things you can't really go wrong. I certainly wouldn't have been avle to buy so much kit if I was buying the usual North, Pryde etc. stuff. I wouldn't even have been able to get just the two sails for the amount I paid.

I'll let you know how well it all works when we get some wind...which looks like it could be a while coming.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

adam

Member #: 3
Posts 184

Mood:

posted on 31-7-2002 at 21:41 Reply With Quote
I want new kit too.

Nice shopping list you jammy dodger!!! Thats more than my annual kit budget I reckon.

Sails look very nice lots of X ply and nice blockhead designs. Reckon Gun have really got their act together I'm starting to see more people use them. I've normally gone the second hand route to buying kit to save money, but if you check the prices out they're ain't much difference.

What happened anyway? Windsurf mags spurned them and wouldn't test their kit didn't they because they only sold direct and not through dealers was that the story? So what changed?

Expect some reports Al and I might be tempted...

How does the Wave MC you have now compare with the Voodoo as they're the same size?

paul
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 5
Posts 445

Mood: Well Chuffed

posted on 1-8-2002 at 10:23 Reply With Quote
well thats it, no more wind for a month because Al bought new toys ! !

seriously we expect a full review of the kit

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 2-8-2002 at 17:39 Reply With Quote
Its Arrived!

No no, not the wind or waves, but all my new toys.

It took me a while to get all the bubble wrap and packaging off, but its all lovely! The sails look nice, they are both the same orange colour just like my 4.5m Gun Wave MC, so no doubt I shall rig the wrong one by mistake now and then.

The boom looks really good with a nice positive clamp on the front end and gorgeous blue anodised arms on the back end...Nice!

The Deck Plates look so much sturdier than the old Bic ones I've been using. It was about time I replaced them, and after Richie lost his complete rig earlier this year after his UJ snapped, its probably a good thing to have something a bit more durable. They are a bit heavier as well, but I can live with that.

The mast...well, its long and stick-like!.

Cool.

I'll let you know how it all performs once the wind gets its act together.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

nicp
Hot shot

Member #: 30
Posts 37

Mood:

posted on 6-8-2002 at 08:45 Reply With Quote
good work fella, am about to take the plunge with a kit re-organisation myself in preperation for the autumn

my credit card isn't going to know what's hit it!

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Jay
Grommet

Member #: 24
Posts 11

Mood:

posted on 7-8-2002 at 14:09 Reply With Quote
Goya PM

Hey Al,

Just ordered a 2003 Goya pro wave, should be here in Oct....I'll let you know how it performs

Joe
Pro

Member #: 27
Posts 76

Mood: hanging loose

posted on 7-8-2002 at 19:04 Reply With Quote
Kit Evaluation

Hi folks,

I could get jealous at Al with all the new kit!

I have been sailing with Gun sails the last 2 or 3 years. (Gun Impact Wave 5.0 and 5.7) and have been very satisfied. Performance is very good and quality second to none.

In THE German wind surfing magazine Gun sails get consistently good marks. Usually the established high price products may get better marks in one or two of quite a number of performance related marks. But overall there is only a marginal difference to the Gun sails.

For me too, the marginally weaker performance is well set off by the huge price difference.

As for masts pretty much the same holds true.
The only Gun kit I was not satisfied with were wave power joints and a down haul line. The rubber part in the power joint was much too stiff resulting in the breakage of the bolt holding the pin (which goes into the mast base). This happend with 2 new joints in a single season.

Joe

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy