Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Fins Fins and Fins
skinnerooony

Member #: 4623
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 6-2-2007 at 19:58 Reply With Quote
Fins Fins and Fins

Evening all, just wanted a bit of advice about fins, I'v not been body boarding long and like a lot of folks have to travel a fair way to get to the coast, so only get out a couple of times a year.

I brought some cheap fins for £20 this summer, i wore them for about half an hour but had to take them off because fo the pain!!! I wasn't just being a bitch i literally just couldn't keep them on.

The fit was quite good the problem was more in the muscle pain (on my shins and calf) of trying to kick, because they were so stiff. I wanna get some better one's but i'm worried that my legs just arn't made for fins. I'v looked at more expensive fins and they seem better made but there still quite stiff, is the difference really that much? or am i still gonna be in slightly less pain.

Any one else experienced such problem?

Cheers for reading please reply Ombres

booger
Pro

Member #: 1324
Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 8-2-2007 at 00:55 Reply With Quote
surf more
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 8-4-2007 at 16:52 Reply With Quote
I haven't been on here in ages!

Yeah the £20 fins would be really stiff, they will hurt your legs if you haven't been swimming a lot and the longer the fins, the more likely your legs will hurt.

Try find some softer shorter fins, I suggest Hydro Tech 2 fins. Some really soft, short fins are Manta Sharp Cuts if you can find them anywhere. If you're having these problems don't go for Viper fins. It may take a while for you to get used to the cramp or pain, remember to stretch your muscles properly before you enter the water. Good luck!

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy