Author: Subject: Redesigned toyboxes
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 9-2-2003 at 13:22 Reply With Quote
Redesigned toyboxes

Now that I have my computer back, I've been able to do some work on the site.

I've just tarted up the Personal Toyboxes section a little. I'll probably do more to it sometime soon. I've also tarted up the Personal Diaires section a little.

Mainly aesthetics improvements here and there and added a few extra bits of info.

Next up is a reworking of the diary Stats section.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 9-2-2003 at 16:46 Reply With Quote
Yet More Progress

OK, I've now done some work on the stats pages.

So far, you can now see your stats based on:

• Activity

As before you can see these for any given year, and I've now added the facility to allow you to see your total stats for all years combined again, based on any of the above criteria.

Its not perfect yet, because I don't yet know how to sort the Wind Direction stats into a more meaningful order. At the mo the information is there its just not particularly well ordered...

I'll have to think about that bit!!

This all probably sounds and looks like little progress really, but believe me its a struggle!!

Let me know if you come across any problems.

Thats it for now, unlesss you find any problems or have any suggestions.?

Al.

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 10-2-2003 at 08:11 Reply With Quote
Now I've gone over the top!!!

You can see your stats based on wind strength, sea state, air temperature and sea temperature now too.

It can look a little silly though, especially if you haven't been very consistent with your data entry. I'll leave it for now though, because someone might find it useful!!

Let me know what you think... I'll keep improving bits here and there for a while yet.

Al.

Stevievee
Hot shot

Member #: 119
Posts 48

Mood:

posted on 11-2-2003 at 08:03 Reply With Quote
Looking good...Just like the rest of the site. (Al, How do you find the time to do it and get out on the water so much?)

Now all I have to do is find away to make a windy weekend coincide with time off work and no DIY to do so that I can get on the water and start using these diaries.

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 12-2-2003 at 21:34 Reply With Quote
Grrrrr....

You PC users are gonna love this..

As some of you may know my Mac had been out of action from the middle if Dec. until last week (and was out of action for a couple of weeks in Sept.) due to a faulty screen. It was working OK this morning, but now there seems to be a problem with the modem and I can't connect to the internet again!!.... Grrrr.

Of course, this means, if it doesn't sort itself out and has to go back for repair yet again, that continued development of the diaries and toyboxes will be put on hold again... Just as I was about to add a little table showing you the total number of entries this month, your number of entries this month and the most active member for the month.

I know, I know...Should've bought a PC.

Al.

adam

Member #: 3
Posts 184

Mood:

posted on 13-2-2003 at 15:55 Reply With Quote
Have you heard of anyone else having similar problems with eMacs? Write to watchdog and tell them about it.

I forgot to tell you a few weeks ago there was a piece about people who had tried to get that digital camera from Argos that was massively reduced but like you found that there weren't any available. At the end Argos gave a statement saying they would provide the viewers who had written in with a free digital camera, bet it wasn't the same one though!

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 13-2-2003 at 21:34 Reply With Quote
Yeah, as far as I know, up to 50% of eMacs have had problems with their displays and several of them have been back for repair several times just like mine for repair.

They say that they've sorted it out now, but I don't hold out much hope of the screen problems not reocurring on my machine.

The problem I have now hasn't been documented much as far as I'm aware in other eMacs... Basically, for no reason that I can ascertain, it just won't connect. Its not the phoneline or ISP as Anna's PC connects OK. However, proving that it is a hardware problem is difficult as I can get it to connect at a ridiculously slow 12,400bps if I boot it up in OS 9 rather than OS X.

Its a pain in the Arse really.

I saw the thing about Argos.... Grrrr. maybe I should complain about stuff more.... Trouble is I feel as though theres always something to complain about so I'd be constantly writing letters and making phone calls and moaning at people!!!

mind you, I did write to Cancom who I bought my eMac from asking for compensation for loss of income over the past couple of months that they have had it for a so called 'priority repair'!!

You know what I need...... Force 6, cross-off, sunny, 3 foot surf and lots of free ready rigged toys to play with!!

Oh, and of course a gaggle of bikini clad Reef Girls cheering at my every move / wipeout from the beach.

Al.

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 14-2-2003 at 21:01 Reply With Quote
Phew...despite having to use a PC instead of my Mac I've managed to add a 'most commonly used' column to the toybox overview table.

I've been pretty close to working it out for a while, but had a little bit of help from MartinF tonight with a fairly obscure database query... Cheers Martin.

I'm now planning on adding a similar little box to the diary pages that show the following:

• Total Number of Diary Entries this month
  • Number of Members Entries this month
  • Most Active Member this month

I'll wait until my computer is working though as it involves changing quite a few files.

Anything else you'd like to see?? (Other than getting on with the Beach Guides!)

Al.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy