Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Aberdovey kiting ban???
kiteboardingcrazy
Pro

Member #: 707
Posts 119

Mood: Someone mention wind???

posted on 19-1-2007 at 16:09 Reply With Quote
Aberdovey kiting ban???

just spoke to some guys (boardwise cannock)they said you cannot kite at aberdovey and the harbour master will chuck you off is this correct or are these guys a windsurfer that does nt like kiters and tryin to throw me off the place,anyway is anyone kiting there on sunday the condictions look good if so it would be great lto meet up with you safety in numbers eh
phil

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 19-1-2007 at 16:28 Reply With Quote
Wot a pile of shite!!

Paul the harbour master in Aberdyfi is one of the best guys I know. I think what they may mean is that people shouldnt learn to kite surf in the estuary because its dangerous. Oh and yes theyre probably trying to put you off kiting there.

The windsurfers tend to stay i the flat water in the estuary, where as the kiters tend to use the lagoons at the mouth of the estuary or just go in the surf.

If you want to go in the estuary you can, but the current gets up to around 8 knots on a big tide, so beware of dropping your kite in the drink, and loosing your board which many have. Give me a call if you want any other advice on the spot, see you there on the weekend.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy