Author: Subject: Mad Session @ Borth
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 27-11-2002 at 18:10 Reply With Quote
Mad Session @ Borth

Joe, Darren and I had a pretty mad session at the Golf Course Car Park, Borth today.

Very gusty winds, with not quite enough wind on the inside and far too much on the outside for our 5m sails, with some insane gusts!.

My first run was fine with a few nice jumps but after that, getting out through the fairly large surf in the gusty winds was difficult. Darren got trashed for a while and eventually came back to the beach throwing his kit on the sand and fuming!! Joe and I got out the back each time but struggled to do so a few times and then struggled to hold on once out there. Darren then got through the waves and stayed out the back for ages, despite being ridiculously overpowered.

I did manage a few nice wave rides on the way back in, but generally it was survival conditions! I went off to work at around 2.30pm and left Joe and Darren to it... I presume you have both got back home safely??

The surf looked nice by the Lifeboat Station when I drove past too and there were a few people out surfing.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Joe
Pro

Member #: 27
Posts 76

Mood: hanging loose

posted on 27-11-2002 at 19:28 Reply With Quote
Yes, we got out of the water safely, Al.

After you left we had a little break. I was hungry anyway and I had a few sandwiches. When I got into the water again it was still difficult to get over the waves but once out I was very nicely powered up. A lot better than during the first part of the session.

Darren still struggled and I believe he did not get out anymore at all. He did break a boom, though, and the one he had just unwrapped, too. We figure it must have been a material fault as it broke right at the start of the extendable section...

After another good hour we then both packed up at about 3:30 pm. We picked the right time as it was not raining then but started to rain slightly just as we drove off.

Joe

dazzamuffin
Hot shot

Member #: 46
Posts 54

Mood: stoked

posted on 27-11-2002 at 19:52 Reply With Quote
god i hate it when the conditions are like that. no wind in the shore break (i need a floaty wave board). the goya board ive got states 86 ltr i dont think its any where near that because im sinking like a goodun on it.
still it was a mad day had lots of munching. totally over powered out the back.loved it
im gonna take my boom back tomorrow and get it sorted.
cheers to al and jo for an epic mad day and of course the wind god.

dazzamuffin
Hot shot

Member #: 46
Posts 54

Mood: stoked

posted on 27-11-2002 at 19:54 Reply With Quote
ive just noticed that ive been promoted to beach bum

god i feel better now

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 27-11-2002 at 23:10 Reply With Quote
You must have been a beach bum for a couple of days now!! Not long before you're a 'Hot Shot'..Although there aren't many of those on this forum yet! ...

Adam would be getting close if he wasn't a 'moderator' and Joe is just in front of you in the ranks, but still a little way off getting promoted to 'Hot Shot'... of course, if I witness any of you doing an intentional forward loop I can always promote you manually and give you and honorary 'Hot Shot' ranking, but thats pretty unlikely!

It's still pretty windy here BTW.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy