Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Turkey - Ayvalik, Badavut (39o 16'22.53"N , 26o 36'46.29"E)
ken99982

Member #: 1901
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 15-5-2006 at 11:25 Reply With Quote
Turkey - Ayvalik, Badavut (39o 16'22.53"N , 26o 36'46.29"E)

Hi,

From google earth (39o 16'22.53"N , 26o 36'46.29" E) for Ayvalik - Badavut

There is a small beach called "Badavut" in a small town called Ayvalik on the west of Turkey (Towards the north above Izmir Alacati - which is also a great windsurfing spot - in the top 10). You cannot find it on maps but it is in Ayvalik. I have a small summer house there and have a small team of 6 surfers on the beach. Turks are slowly getting to learn these sports so this place is a jewel.
The best thing about this beach is the wind strengthens as you surf outwards to the sea. There are 2 mountains on each side of the beach and a third which engines the wind from the land ( a little strugle getting back to shore but, you eventually do). As i mentioned the wind is around 1 near the sea shore and is about 2 between the mountains (200 meters from sea shore) and when you are able to get released from the mounatins around (500 meters) you hit the winds hurling down from the black sea and the Canakale passage (strength up to 5 & 6) !!!!
Our best surfer Ferhat comes from Germany who is our mentor!!! He generally races with power boats off shore!!! I have never seen him lose a race ! Windsurf is the fastest thing on water eh?

The proper power boats in ayvalik reach around 30mph!!!

So if you like speed or gradually improving your skills... Its a good place...

There are a few hotels on the beach... Never seen them full... As i sed this place is not on the maps!!!

Another good thing about ayvalik is that it doesnt have that in your face tourism going on... Which makes things alot cheaper!!! There is great traditional food and the usual available everywhere... There is also a near by island named Cunda where you can eat the freshest seafood ever.. The fish generally are still swimming before you order it!!!! There is also great nightlife and alot of good bars around... Having a car is always a good inhand but you can always find bus shuttles everywhere... So you dont have any problems getting around... I seem to find less dishonesty and classic holiday area problems going on in ayvalik in respect to bodrum or antalya or cesme... They dont get much foreginers around so people are quite friendly in the normal sense!... Everyone has a little bit of english so there is no need to worry about communicating... The main torurist group comes from the greek islands which are just infront of ayvalik and badavut... There is a daily shuttle to the greek islands also... And in the main harbour which is in the middle of ayvalik you can find daily trips around the islands!!! Plus you can go on diving trips!!! The ayvalik area is known for its diving areas!!!! You can still find artifacts lying around!!! Even in badavut! Only 50meters away from the shore...

I personally rate the badavut beach as intermediate level...
There is also another beach called sarimsakli side by side with badavut which is twice the size of badavut beach but, the landscape structure is different on that beach so the wind speed is a little less...

We don`t have too much waves though sorry ... More like a rippled race track... (If you are luck you get 1.5 meters off shore)

P.S. : I don`t remember there being no wind since i was 5 year old (Long time ago)... Not even 1 day! Nearly forgetting the most important thing

Hang Loose
Ken

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy