Author: Subject: Weather Station updates
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 8-2-2006 at 19:55 Reply With Quote
Weather Station updates

Hopefully most of you haven't noticed, but there has been the odd problem with the data-logger that is attached to the weather station loosing contact with the PC that processes the data and uploads it to the web every minute. It was nothing too major as the data-logger was still recording the data it was just that every now and then the connection between it and the PC was lost so data wasn't getting passed to the PC.

This meant that I had to check the system every few hours (yep, through the night as well) and restart it by shutting everything down, unplugging the USB cable from the PC and plugging it back in again. Apparently the problem was caused by the USB data-logger and the older Serial version is supposed to be less tempermental.

I have not got a Serial data-logger and have just attached it to the system and started it all up.... Hopefully now I'll be able to get a full nights sleep and everything will work smoothly... Although we'll have to wait and see as somehow I still expect the odd hiccup here and there.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 7-3-2006 at 17:41 Reply With Quote
You'll all be pleased to hear that the new data-logger seems to have done the trick. The improved connection did mean that a few software bugs came to light, but I have worked around these and all seems to be OK now. Obviously now and then certain things will interupt it.. A power cut the other night played havoc with the PC even though everything else kept running and then I couldn't get internet access this morning for a few hours, but these things are outside of my control... Everything I have control over now seems to be as reliable as can be expected... I hope I haven't spoken too soon!

Al.

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 24-4-2006 at 09:18 Reply With Quote
I seem to have fixed the FTP problem encountered over the weekend, so all should be running smoothly again. Don't worry, no data was lost it was just having trouble uploading it to the web-server.

Al.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy