Author: Subject: Wednesday at Borth
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 6-11-2002 at 18:54 Reply With Quote
Wednesday at Borth

Joe and I had a really good session today at Borth. WNW winds and waist high waves, perfectly powered up and the sun was shining the whole time. I was on a 6.3m and my Fanatic Cross and Joe went out with a 6m, but soon changed down to a 5.7m and his wave board. I was too lazy to change down so just stayed out with the big kit.

Good jumping and wave-riding...Lovely session.
Some other guy turned up as I was leaving too and went out with a 5.5m sail. I had to go to work so couldn't stay until it got dark... However, someone had closed the broken padlock on the gate so I couldn't get out of the car park anyway! Lashings of WD40 didn't solve the problem, nor did the sledge hammer, but once armed with a crowbar and hacksaw I was free in no time!

Full session report in the Diary as usual.

The wind still looks good for tomorrow too, so we might just have to do it all over again.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Joe
Pro

Member #: 27
Posts 76

Mood: hanging loose

posted on 7-11-2002 at 08:47 Reply With Quote
Wednesday

Al has basically said all about Wednesday. It was a very pleasant day to enjoy the waves and the sun. In comparrison to Sunday the waves were a lot more forgiving but still much fun. I would even say that the wave riding bit on the way in was maybe even better than Sunday. This is due to the fact that with the height and direction the waves went there was more of a distance the waves rolled rather than broke.

After Al left, this other guy went out. I stayed close to him when sailing out but we both struggled. The wind had calmed down a bit. In fact I decided to start to head home and packed up. Shortly after I arrived at the car this other fellow - very friendly - turned up walking. He just managed to get out of the water at the lee side end of the car park. He too quit as it was getting late anyway.

Joe

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy