Author: Subject: Hi to all of you
ShornSheep
Grommet

Member #: 73
Posts 13

Mood: Blown Away

posted on 5-11-2002 at 18:52 Reply With Quote
Hi to all of you

Great site! I found it when browsing (slow day at work).
I learnt basic windsurfing 18ish years ago but have not done any since. Fast approaching 40
I have just bought a 2nd hand HiFly 330 with a 5.5m sail. To try again!!!
Over the past few weeks I have learnt the basics (very basic) again
and can now beach start consistently, and get out and back, admittedly I am only sailing puddles for now as I live in the midlands. But I am goiong to give the sea a try at Xmas in Scotland. I need to persuade my better 1/2 to get a decent wet suit for me from santa!

once again, I am very impressed with this website, it's one of the best I've seen

Shawn.

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 5-11-2002 at 20:17 Reply With Quote
Hi Shawn...
Good to have you on board. And thanks for all the compliments as far as the site goes.

As far as the windsurfing goes, then glad you got back into it...I started about that many years ago too and then stopped and started a few times before getting into it properly again a few years ago.

The Hifly 330 is OK, but more modern kit is much easier..It really is, I couldn't belive how easy modern boards were to sail until I tried one last year. But then, if you're going sailing in Scotland at Xmas you must be pretty determined, so the kit won't hold you back at all!

You'll have to come to Borth sometime with the Midlands crew that sail here regularly. Mind you, i woldn't want to be out on the sea here on a 330 board in a big SW.

Al.

P.S. Your Avatar wasn't working so I fixed it for you. The 'm' was missing from '.com'....(All part of the service).

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy