Author: Subject: Borth / Ynyslas Weather Station -- What to expect
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 14-11-2005 at 15:09 Reply With Quote
Borth / Ynyslas Weather Station -- What to expect

As you can imagine I have been doing a fair bit of research into weather stations recently and as the weather station project is now going ahead I thought I'd post some info on planned but not promosed features that will be available to subscribers.

I won't know exactly how things will work and fit together on the website until I have the weather station software set up and running (I don't expect to get the PC to run it on until the middle of next month), so some of these features may not make it, but I shall do my best!

The most important page will probably be the 'Current Conditions' page which will as its name suggests display the current conditions as recorded by the various sensors. This will be up to the minute information displaying weather parameters such as:

Wind speed
Wind direction
Max gust
Temprature
Humidity
Barometric pressure
Rainfall

I'm expecting to be able to display this data both graphical and in a textual format (I may eventualy even make it available via WAP??)

Another very useful page will be the 'trends' page. This will display the trends of various weather parameters, wind speed, temperature, rainfall etc. over a number of set periods. Probably the trends for the last hour, day, week, and month. The longer periods will be interesting, but the shorter periods should give you an idea of what the weather has been up to and what it might do in the near future.

I'll hopefully also generate some 'weather extremes' pages that will show the maximum and minimum readings for each of the weather parameters. Again, these will be divided into various time frames so that you'll be able to see the extremes for the last hour, day, week, month, year and all time extremes.

Similarly there should hopefully be some 'weather averages' pages, which could end up being useful for seeing which months are the windiest etc.

I'll probably also find a way of presenting an archive historical data for each calendar month.

Certainly lots of work for me to do, but those who have Pre-subscribed will get access to things as and when they go online so that you can help with testing it all.

I'll also be building various subsidiary pages about the weather station itself which I should be able to start fairly soon.

Lets hope I can pull all this off!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy