Author: Subject: Strike 2 11m or 13m??
Blade
Grommet

Member #: 285
Posts 10

Mood: chilled

posted on 12-10-2005 at 10:24 Reply With Quote
Strike 2 11m or 13m??

i can't decide which kite would be the best for me, the 11m or 13m. im 6ft about 12stone, and would probs be flying it around the borth area over the winter. Never done kitesurfing before, but have been flying kites and buggying for the last few years. I was thinking of getting the 11m, then i can get used to it in the light winds on the beach, and then when the winds pick up a bit move to the water. Probs gonna get 5th line on what ever size i decide to get, extra safety when learning. Is there much difference between the 13 and the 11?

cheers for your help

Blade

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Graham
Pro

Member #: 1494
Posts 88

Mood:

posted on 12-10-2005 at 11:02 Reply With Quote
Hi Blade,
If it's safety you're looking for then you can't do much better than the Cabrinha Crossbow.
You'll probably be looking at the 12m.
it will cover a much wider wind range than the Strikes could.

Fiamma cycle racks available now at HUGE savings
http://www.everythingfiamma.co.uk

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 12-10-2005 at 11:02 Reply With Quote
ok blade besides the obvious 2mtr difference, you are more likely to get out more if you go for the 13 rather than the 11.
which ever size you choose there will be many days when you need the other size and one kite is limiting.
i started out on a 15 and it was the most used kite size, mind you that was some time ago and modern 13's give about the same performance.
whatever you choose you will be wanting at least 2 other kites very soon to stand a chance of getting out regularly.
please go and get some lessons before you end up in A&E ; all your years of kite flying will stand you in good sted but there are huge differences and many things to learn to keep not just you safe, but others.
send Shem a u2u for some lessons.

A KITE IS FOR LIFE!! THAT IS IF ITS A YARGA.

founder of storm'n Normans van club!

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy