Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Back 2 Back Formula World Champion!
Gaastra

Member #: 66
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 5-10-2002 at 11:28 Reply With Quote
Back 2 Back Formula World Champion!

Gaastra is proud to announce another Championship Title

Kevin Pritchard has just captured his second Formula World Championship Title. The event took place in Sylt, Germany, with conditions of all sorts throughout the event to challenge all competitors.

Ninety-six male competitors, and forty female competitors from over twenty countries battled it out for the elusive Formula World Championship Crown.

The women??s division saw Dorota Staszewska of Poland in first, Lucy Horwood of the United Kingdom (using Gaastra Sails) in second, and Christine Johnson of England in third.

If was one of the biggest showdowns of the year in Formula racing. Kevin Pritchard, and France??s Antoine Albeau were neck and neck until the last day of racing. Kevin performed well under the pressure and powered himself ahead of Albeau. Third place finisher, Wojtek Brzozowski of Poland was consistent, and happy to be on the podium.

Gaastra??s very own Phil McGain showed everyone that he is still at the top of the game. Phil not only finished 5th in the Open Division, but managed to Three-peat his Masters (over 35) Title. His main competition was Patrice Belbeoch who just managed to keep up with the fired up McGain.

Kevin Pritchard said, "I was pretty stoked to take the championship this year. Last year was great, but coming out with the title two years in a row is a major success. My Gaastra Nitros and Bic Boards were really working well for me out there. It came down to the end, and I was confident in my equipment and put it all together and came out on top."

Gaastra Sails?ñ. Race them or chase them!

Gaastra has attached this image:

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy