Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Re: 24th May 2005 Diary Entry by Spencer.
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 25-5-2005 at 06:29 Reply With Quote
Re: 24th May 2005 Diary Entry by Spencer.

On 24th May 2005, Spencer wrote:

quote:
Windsurfing: Overcombe
Wind Direction: SSW/SW
Wind Stength: F5-6
Surf / Sea State: Lively
Air Temperature:
Sea Temperature:
Weather:

Excellent session,best this year.
got there earlyish (all lorrys & people driving slower than 59mph should be banned when its windy).There was 1 other guy rigging a 4.7 which looked bout right so i went with the 5.0 & 92lt board.It was spot on not over or under powered which was a nice change.
The tide was going out & as it did the waves & swell began to grow,plenty over head high & clean,had a few nice little rides,but being plenty powered up i always seemed to outrun the waves to much as cross on.A few people made it look easy though ripping down the waves.
Jumping was excellent hard not too! witnessed push/forward & back loops.
Had been on for a couple of hours so got off for a rest/drink etc,then the sun came out-nice, but the wind dropped a touch-bummer, so stuck up the 5.7 as a few looked like they were struggling to get going.This again was perfect, for a bout 30mins then it started picking up again,quickly swapped back to 5.0 which was still rigged on beach, had plenty off power but wind kept increasing & was having hard time keeping board on the water, quickly swapped to 76lt & it was perfect, forgot how easy it is to sail when youve got the power! made the 92lt feel like a plank? again had some big air ,even bailed 1, was flying out over a few reasonable waves then the last 1 loked maybe 7ft clean face,but as i was about to go up it the top lipped over, my plan was to try & go high but the lip just catapulted me upside down & high (i think), i didnt have a clue really,threw the kit & landed with a big back slap, it felt ace....
After 5hrs called it day,no energy left.Shame as it was still howling when i left with hardly a cloud in the Sky.

Nice one Spencer.... kind of makes you forget about all the wasted trips and crappy sessions doesn't it!!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Spencer
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 250
Posts 282

Mood:

posted on 30-5-2005 at 17:16 Reply With Quote
Sure does Al, & it all got even better saturday!
Looks like you had a good day too!
Im hoping theres some wind about in june(got 2 weeks off) as we can now borrow a caravan anytime from my bro. So maybe up too Borth for a few days at last.
Spence...

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 30-5-2005 at 19:30 Reply With Quote
Sounds good to me.... Although June isn't usually the best of months for 'proper' wind... But you never know.

Maybe see you soon.

Al.

Spencer
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 282

Mood:

posted on 4-6-2005 at 05:45 Reply With Quote
looks like a bit of proper wind today!
Im off to bed now though (Bo##ocks), just finished 12 hr shift but gotta go back tonight.
Happy sailing .....

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 4-6-2005 at 06:27 Reply With Quote
Yep, forecast isn't great, just 15 knots but it is more than that here at the mo and it has been blowing since about 4pm yesterday... Lets hope it lasts.... I'm sure you'll be dreaming about our session on the water today!

Al.

Spencer
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 282

Mood:

posted on 17-6-2005 at 01:37 Reply With Quote
Just perfect, really well powered up with my 5.7m the whole time. Loads of really good jumps, loads of really good gybes on the face of logo high swells, some good wave rides and some perfect gybes on the inside.. Just full on flat out blasting the whole time. I don't think I came off the plane for more than a few seconds after some of the biggest jumps... The condition were perfect and I was sailing like a man possesd --- From Als diary entry today.

Well looks like june is still giving us some proper wind!
expect it all to end this weekend though as ive got 2 weeks off from monday...& have been working flat out the last 2 so couldnt make the most of what weve just had....

[Edited on 17-6-2005 by Spencer]

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 17-6-2005 at 07:06 Reply With Quote
Sorry Spencer... I'm not about to build a special 'No time to play filter' though that makes all diary entries read something along the lines of 'Not enough wind, freezing cold, pouring with rain and a complete waste of time!!'

It's still pretty windy here at the moment and today looks like the last of it, but I don't think I shall bother as I need a rest!..Yesterdays session was pretty epic!

Al.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy