Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Re: 3rd April 2005 Diary Entry by Tim.
Hans@BW
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 680
Posts 150

Mood: Need some waves..... :-(

posted on 4-4-2005 at 07:24 Reply With Quote
Re: 3rd April 2005 Diary Entry by Tim.

Tim how are you getting on with your Komabt 105...

Hans.

On 3rd April 2005, Tim wrote:

quote:
Windsurfing: Hayling
Wind Direction: S
Wind Stength: 2-3
Surf / Sea State: Flat
Air Temperature: 17
Sea Temperature: 10
Weather: Sunny

Who'd ave believed it? After yesterday I thought I might need something smaller than 6.3, but no, Mr Weatherman and "Optimistic Online" got it all wrong! All I did was bask in the sunshine float around on an array of different boards! I think a lot of people made a similar mistake.

Phil's van was a godsend. Cheers mate. T and toast were cock on. CU all again soon. The food was great!

Tim
Hot shot

Member #: 238
Posts 39

Mood: Not enough time to do it all.

posted on 5-4-2005 at 12:51 Reply With Quote
Kombat

Hans,
I got the 105 from my local lake manager Tony Tiffen. I've used it twice on the lake, but this weekend was it's first proper use.

Saturday was a day to remember. I've been going to the gym regularly so I'm quite fit and strong, so when the wind arrived I was prepared. I can honestly say the Kombat's the best thing I've been on for a while, and I've sailed JP FSW 91, various waves, F2 style, 03 tabous. I'm more of a freeride sailor but I can cope no probs with shore swell and the Kombat coped great. I put the bigger fin in on the freeride setting, and I used a 6.3 sail.

The board was not loose, but felt very smooth to ride. Carving was a sinch, the rails didn't skip and being wide it was easy to recover from slight foot position errors. Being so short you have to get with the luffiness when off the plane but it's easy to correct with mastfoot pressure. When locked in it is very easy and fun to sail.

On a few fast runs I was impressed with the speed and it felt very safe to go fast too.

It jumped easily off little waves, and was easy to get the nose down midair too.

Getting on the plane was quite OK, I thought it would be late, but it wasn't so that was a nice suprise.

Great board, I'd recommend it.

One thing, as it is the 105 it is quite big. A couple of times I would have been better off with the wave fin, as it did feel big when overpowered.

Tim

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy