Author: Subject: AHD Powerwave 253
Jonny
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 394
Posts 308

Mood: waitin for the next blow!

posted on 2-3-2005 at 08:05 Reply With Quote
AHD Powerwave 253

Ive just bought myself a AHD powerwave 253 from 2000. I was looking for a wave board around the 80 litre mark and came across the AHD.
Its seen loadsa use so has got the usual scars on the rails and theres been one or 2 minor repairs so I managed to get the board dirt cheap from the local board manufacturere here in NZ Carbon Art. He recommended to me one of his Carbon Art boards but I didnt have the money to be honest and if I brought it back to the UK, I'd struggle selling it as noones heard of them probably.

The AHD is a bit smaller than I wanted at 74 litre so the biggest sail I can use on it is gonna be my 5.4. It should hopefully be a good board for helping me to learn waveriding. Ive got a 4.5 metre wave sail but the 5.4 is more of a freeride sail so I'l see if I can get a cheap 5.0 metre wave sail.

Has Anyone sailed one before and got any thoughts on it whether its a heap of crap or pretty decent?

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 2-3-2005 at 08:48 Reply With Quote
It should be OK... There's certainly nothing wrong with it and I'm sure you'll love it... Small boards are the way to go!... Although I think the 5.4m may well be a little too big for use with a 74ltr board.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

kelvin
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 148
Posts 356

Mood: waiting 4 next blow

posted on 3-3-2005 at 15:29 Reply With Quote
nowt wrong with board, mate has had 2 loved them both , depending on your weight you get away with the 5.4m ,

Kel www.winsurfing.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   kelvin 's ICQ status
Jonny
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 308

posted on 8-3-2005 at 09:40 Reply With Quote
Well I finally got to test my board today. I found that you need a lot of power to get onto the plane. I wasnt that overhappy with it. Its nice to gybe with and extremely fast, scarily fast . I think its just the volume of the board but you need a lot of wind to get moving initially, I weigh 75kg so am not overweight I dont think for this board. Todays gusty conditions didnt help though. Just looking forward to the next time I can use it. Hopefully in a 25knot consistent breeze.
I also dont think I can get away with my 5.4 on it so I'l have to wait and see to try it out. I think a few more litres say 76 - 78 would be perfect for me.

Spencer
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 250
Posts 282

Mood:

posted on 16-3-2005 at 20:57 Reply With Quote
ive got a 76 lt AHD maui wave & it dosnt come out the bag until its really good 5.0m weather,as that too takes alot to get it on the plane! but an excellent board when it does get windy enough..
Jonny
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 308

posted on 17-3-2005 at 08:42 Reply With Quote
Yeah the recommended sail size is from 3.7 - 5m so dont think it'l be possible with my 5.4. The 4.5 half metre sail felt big enough for that board when I used it a week ago. Its lovely once your on the plane though. I use a 22cm wave fin with it as well.
I Cant really seemyself using the board for a long time which is a pain as im gonna be stuck inland for the next 6 months and theres no way I'l be using it on the nearby lake as it'l prob never get windy enough.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy