Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Surfers, Artists, Musicians I need your help!
wingyking

Member #: 1235
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 23-2-2005 at 16:58 Reply With Quote
Surfers, Artists, Musicians I need your help!

I run a small design and illustration service based in Somerset and it has been an ambition of mine to put together an anthology of stories which would stand as a testimonial to our shared love of surfing (the water sport). I imagine it to be a long-term project that would be a few years in the making, but when completed could be a timeless piece of art showing exactly what this culture is about. The purpose of this message is to request the help of good writers and artists. My skills are illustration based so I need people with great surfing tales, which they would like to see illustrated and in print. I feel that there aren't enough books out there telling stories about what surfing is to the individual. I want simple human stories, not based around any kind of unrelated plot, but are real (am I making any sense?). I must point out that at the moment there is no money involved, I’m doing this purely to fulfil a personal goal of my own. I will be working off my own back in my own time, but when it feels like we have something nearing a finished book I will look into finding sponsorship (mainly to cover printing costs) from surf related companies. I would like to keep this as far out of corporate hands as possible so I would probably approach the local smaller shops to see if they would be interested in it. If you what to get a feel for my work you can look at my website at www.wingnutdesigns.co.uk
It has also crossed my mind that I could include a CD of music that would back up the mood of piece, made up of tracks from local bands, but this is another aspect of this project that I would need help with.
I will guarantee that if this does all work out and is published, all contributors will have their name in the book and if a miracle happens and this thing ends up actually making money, all profits will be shared as fairly as possible with a substantial share going to a voted charity.
But this project really isn’t about the money it’s about art, surfing, music and culture. So if you want to be part of something that could turn out to be great please let me know. You can find my details on my website.
I promise that this isn’t a con. If there are enough people out there that can see my vision this thing could really happen. Thanks for reading this. I hope that I have planted a seed.
Chris King.

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 26-3-2005 at 21:09 Reply With Quote
nice idea....i could probably add some things to that, i'll take a look at the site.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy