justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 5-9-2002 at 19:00 Reply With Quote
Yeah Man!!!

Well, the wind arrived....
I've just got back from an excellent windsurf session at the Golf Course Car Park. When I got there Ian was on a 7.1m sail, but that seemed far too big to me so I went out with my Hifly 265 and a 5.7m, which, after a couple of runs, I decided was too big too, so I changed to a 5.0m. Even that was WAY too big for a while, but once the major squall had passed through it was perfect.

The sea was pretty rough, there weren't too many big waves, but it was just lumpy and messy. Still, I made a few nice jumps and even thought about going for a forward, but just couldn't quite convince myself that it was a good idea.

There was one guy there on a 63 litre RRD board and a 4.2m sail who was going for forwards though, and apparently Ben went for a few further south in Borth too... My board was too heavy to even contemplate it really... You know what that means! ... More toys!

Anyone else get out??

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Ian
Hot shot

Member #: 29
Posts 64

Mood: Chilled as hell

posted on 5-9-2002 at 19:42 Reply With Quote
A gr8 day the water was ok at first as the tide was going out. but once it turned it went v messy and limpy. The 7.1 was right @ first but couldn't be bothered 2 change down so.....until i got massively overpowered ( & I can feel it now) But some excellent jumps loads of time 2 sort urself out.
WE WANT MORE!!!!

Ben
Grommet

Member #: 56
Posts 8

Mood: aroused

posted on 6-9-2002 at 08:48 Reply With Quote
Yep, not a bad day, although 'work' limited me to a pretty brief session. I did indeed go for it, but was still a fair way off a complete rotation by the end of the day. Still, got to start sometime I guess, and the whiplash should ease up by this afternoon!

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy