Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Re: 25th July 2004 Diary Entry by Hans@BW.
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 28-7-2004 at 05:57 Reply With Quote
Re: 25th July 2004 Diary Entry by Hans@BW.

On 25th July 2004, Hans@BW wrote:

quote:
Windsurfing: Ynyslas
Wind Direction: W
Wind Stength: 7.0m weather
Surf / Sea State: Flat
Air Temperature: Convertible weather
Sea Temperature:
Weather:

After driving 3 hours to go for a good session on the sea - and gaging for it as I have not been out on the sea for......ages. I was dumfounded to find that the gate to the Golf carpark at Ynyslas was locked and the carpark attendant had legged it for the day.... :-(

DOES THIS HAPPEN OFTEN?

Went down to the nature reserve place rigged up the Rushwind 7.0 Strike F and took out the Carve 131. Not being a local and having only sailed from the Dufi end before I asked a local for some advice where to and not sail etc.... I wish he had told me to put a smaller fin on - boy was that a shock.... full tilt in the middle of the estuary, when suddenly my whole world stopped rather suddenly. Captain Catapult (not seen him for a while) struck and I was over the front - my ankle came together some how, rather swiftly with the bottom of the mast - uhmmmm thats going to hurt - and it did. Still got loads of sympathy from the misses - well after she'd let out a girly sweak at the blood. Thank God the Spar was open, it's amazing what a bag of frozen peas can achieve.

Learning from my mistakes I changed boards and got out the Evo 92 - ohhh what a dream board. Then had a great laugh over the Dufi side. I didn't realise that the water was so deep at the edge of the beach, so after making a prat of myself whilst stepping off the board expecting the water to be knee height and disappearing under the blue stuff I thought I'd have a laugh. Spent the rest of the afternoon (safely) bombing towards the beach and gybing a few feet from the beach edge - no shallow water - no Captain Catapult..!!

Good day, just wish that Borth gate was open or that I had driven around to Dufi as it was a right pain trying to get back to Ynyslas side, especially through that rip.....

Hans.... The car park attendant is actually rarely there. He only turns up on sunny weekends really, and maybe a few times on sunny days in the summer. If its raining or even likely to rain he won't be there. You could have just parked on the road and walked across..its not that far! Or if you asked nicely someone may have kindly let you in anyway!!!

As far as the sandbanks go..there are plenty of warnings about them on this site. It is possible to sail almost anywhere in the estaury at high spring tide, but the tides were only small at the weekend so I doubt that there was much water in the estuary at all. Westerlies are never going to be that good in there anyway as the dunes mess up the wind.... Wait for a nice NE and you'll see what the estuary can offer.

Let me know next time you'll be down and I'll make sure you end up in the right place!... We were all out on the seafront.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Hans@BW
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 680
Posts 150

Mood: Need some waves..... :-(

posted on 1-9-2004 at 21:53 Reply With Quote
Cheers Al - will do!

Hans.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy