Nick
Pro

Member #: 218
Posts 118

Mood: don't like winter.....too dark

posted on 17-5-2004 at 14:54 Reply With Quote
diy non slip

Hi All,

My Techno deck is now as slippery as hell and I really need to do something about it.

Can anyone recommend (from personal experience) an easy to use/cheap non-slip kit ....?

Thanks,

Nick

ps as a nipper I always got glue on the windows of any airfix kits I made. They looked crap, I don't want my board to!

shawn
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 403
Posts 255

Mood: Chilled

posted on 17-5-2004 at 15:40 Reply With Quote
I've had the same problem on a number of boards - if you're as lazy as me and want REALLY cheap and REALLY easy, then your best bet is to buy a block of surf board wax and rub that all over it every month or so - it works well but makes your board look like sh!t and will do absolutely nothing for the resale value of it.....
If you wanna go a bit more up market you're talking sugar and resin type mixes that I know very little about....

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by shawn]

Don't have a cow man!

Nick
Pro

Member #: 218
Posts 118

Mood: don't like winter.....too dark

posted on 17-5-2004 at 16:04 Reply With Quote
thanks Shawn, I'd already tried the wax route - it didn't seem to make much difference and looked really crap so I cleaned it off....probably taking even more non-slip off in the process!

dunk
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 570
Posts 606

Mood: Spaced out

posted on 17-5-2004 at 16:58 Reply With Quote
Hey Nick,

I've done a few boards with resin and salt, you just roller the resin on with a foam roller and shake salt over it, you have to be carefull if its a white board as some resins aren't uv stable and turn your board yellow.

To be honest the best I've had done was by k-bay boards down the south coast, they sprayed new none slip on my JP and its as new now. They charged me 25 quid last year and its well worth it. Give Henio a ring he'll sort you out.

kelvin
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 148
Posts 356

Mood: waiting 4 next blow

posted on 17-5-2004 at 22:02 Reply With Quote
yep have used the hifly kit costs about £17 but its enouth to do about 4 boards so get your mates abount and do em all, it comes complete with a little roller just mix it up and roll it on .Does a nice job and ig your graphics are starting to wear off puts a nonslip protective coating.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   kelvin 's ICQ status
Hans@BW
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 680
Posts 150

Mood: Need some waves..... :-(

posted on 19-5-2004 at 06:30 Reply With Quote
Nick,

We sell cans of Non Slip at the shop - I think it's quite cheap, so if your interested let me know and I'll find out how much it is and post it to ya!

Hans.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy