Author: Subject: advise on boards
stevebus
Beach Bum

Member #: 40
Posts 19

Mood:

posted on 14-8-2002 at 19:54 Reply With Quote
advise on boards

HELP, Could anyone give me any advise about a first 85 litre board, I've been sailing a 105 litre Fanatic Bee. With so much choise, its hard to know what to choose. I what a board of around 350 pounds which is easy to sail for use with a 5.25m sail on the sea. Has anyone sailed a Naish or the Fanatic Bee 85? Thanks.
nicp
Hot shot

Member #: 30
Posts 37

Mood:

posted on 15-8-2002 at 14:31 Reply With Quote
see if you can get a jp freestyle wave 255 (the original one 01), alright i'm bias as I have one but they are such a good board. you might get one for £350-£400 and they are an excellent 85 litre board.

I've sailed the little 85l naish freeride 8'6" is it? lovely board but very freeride oriented - no nose rocker - so not really a wave board and not stable or wide enough to be a freestyle board.

not sailed the bee 85 but i assume it's the same as the old bee 263? again very freeride - narrow compared to a lot of more modern designs but a nice board - very fast.

other boards to look out for in that category: tiga free carve 59, tabou 3s 252

what do you want to do on the board? as that sort of dicatates the options. blasting up and down with a bit of gybing or learning a few freestyle tricks/jumping or a bit of waveriding?

[Edited on 15-8-2002 by nicp]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy