Board logo

Aberystwyth MTB Rides Week Beginning 19th Jan
justal - 18-1-2009 at 07:57

Night Ride
This weeks night ride is on Wednesday 21st January. The venue is Nant-yr-arian. Meet at the car park by Llyn Pendam (base of Hippity Hop) at 7:00pm or 6:00 pm at the war memorial in Penrhyncoch for a ride up. Ride the Summit trail and maybe the original Italian job and the small DH section above. The ride up will go either via Bontgoch or up the road.

Weekend Rides
End of Month Ride at Penmachno: More Details here.

Other Rides
I'm hoping to get out at Brechfa on Monday and Friday afternoon, although I'm not sure about it yet. Let us know if you are planning anything and need someone to ride with.

General Info
There is a group of 10ish transient and 4-5 regular “hardcore” riders who join in on these rides in and around Aber/Mach.
We will ride for 2-2¬? hours depending on the people who join us, at a social pace. Please feel welcome to join us at any time.

justal - 19-1-2009 at 19:39

For those wanting something different there is a Caersws uplift weekend on 24th-25th and the Clive Powell challenge ride (course 1).

Al.

justal - 21-1-2009 at 16:24

Shem... Fancy a trip up to Penmachno to join us for the end of month ride this weekend?.. We could share the diesel.

Al.

justal - 24-1-2009 at 09:33

End of month ride is definitely on tomorrow.

Meet at Plascrug leisure centre at 8:45am or the trailhead at Penmachno at 10:30am.

I shall be driving up from Borth and still have a spare place in the car if anyone wants to share a lift. Looks as though Dave, Bernd and John along with a few students will be coming from Aber and SimonC and Myles will meet us there as well so there should be a nice little group of us to ride both of the Penmachno loops.

Anyone else from FON coming?

Al.

spock5401986 - 24-1-2009 at 12:51

I would love to join you but I have no back brake at the moment. Think the seals have gone as there is brake fluid everywhere, gutted :-(