Board logo

Xmas Bike Ride - Sun Dec 23rd
justal - 18-12-2007 at 18:34

I'm thinking of doing a pre-Xmas bike ride on Sunday 23rd Dec.. Not sure where yet, probably either Nant-yr-Arian or Climachx.

Anyone else interested.. Maybe followed by a drink or two in the Friendship later in the evening?

Nothing too epic so all abilities welcome and we'll go at the pace of the slowest and make it a nice social affair.

Al.

shem - 18-12-2007 at 20:05

Im well Keen Al.....However, Im hitting the pubs in Aber at 12 mid day, with a group of around 10 builder mates. So dont know how Ill be feeling. If Im ok, Im keen though, what time you setting off?

justal - 18-12-2007 at 21:01

Steve says he can't make Saturday but can make Sunday... Would Sunday be any better for you as well Shem?

Al.

shem - 18-12-2007 at 22:12

Ye, a safer bet, I plan to have a couple on sat night, but Ill be staying in Bow street, so Ill be closer as well.

justal - 19-12-2007 at 08:40

OK... Lets do Sunday then.... Any others interested?

Al.

jon d hat - 20-12-2007 at 20:49

Probably be over for a sesh so depending on the wind, I may be up for a peddle..defo bringing my bike

justal - 21-12-2007 at 08:03

Nice one Jon.... What time shall we say? I'm fairly easy but probably something like 10am and Pendam car park?... Maybe a little later to give people more time to get there from the Midlands?

Al.

justal - 21-12-2007 at 15:06

Harvey and Siwan should be joining us as well.

Al.

justal - 21-12-2007 at 20:14

Right then.... We'll meet at pendam Car park at between 10 and 10.30am on Sunday then...

Jon.. If you don't know where Pendam Car park is then u2u me and I can give you directions or follow this link:

Pendam Car Park

Al.

jon d hat - 24-12-2007 at 21:07

Sorry peeps but I couldn't find Pendam Carpark. Still..didn't miss out on what turned out to be a crackin day for a pedal. Went to do the ClimachX, which was Gr8 in itself, the weather being so fine. Was excelent looking down on the low lyig cloud in the valley. Did a lap then bumped into a couple of locals from Mach who pointed me in the direction of the track thet joins onto the last downhill via the northshore berm. Great to get a little local knowledge and try a different route. Only a couple of others on the trail so was just the day to let everyone get on with there chrimbo shopping whilst I lapped up the peace of the hills. A day to remember..will tag along with you next time

shem - 25-12-2007 at 09:06

Its a bit of a mission up to the car park this side John, the road just keeps on going!

justal - 26-12-2007 at 08:27

It was only Steve and I who made it to Pendam in the end... For a nice little ride around the summit trail and a couple of goes down the Mark of Zorro.

Maybe next time Jon.

Al.