Board logo

JP Super X 106
justal - 12-2-2007 at 16:59

I'm thinking of getting a 2006 JP Super X 106, has anyone sailed one, what do you reckon??

Al.

Wes - 6-3-2007 at 15:17

Hi Al, how's things? Not been around for a while so have to start on the diaries again.

Had a go on one of these and they are best suited to flat, fast as hell places. Kind of your place in Easterlies in fact! Wouldn't bother on the open sea but on places like Poole Harbour, Weymouth and like I said the estuary: brilliant.

Take the GPS with you if you get one - of course if you got a 116 you could get an 8.o and beat most the kitey boys onto the water as well

steveyboy - 12-3-2007 at 23:07

Hi, I got a second hand JP 106 Super X from Robin Hood Watersports (via eBay) end of last year and I am very pleased with it.
I am 92 kg and have used it with sails from 5.5 to 7.0 with great results.
My previous smallest board was an F2 Ride at 115 litres, but this 106 is easier planing and you would not think it was 9 litres less because of it being shorter and wider.
Handles chop easily (makes it good for Weston Super Mare).

justal - 13-3-2007 at 08:07

Thanks for that.... I haven't made my mind up as to whether or not I can afford one yet, ut it will be my biggest board so it is good to know that it is fast and that it is easy planing... You may have convinced me to part with some cash!

Al.

Impi - 13-3-2007 at 13:34

Go on Al we know you want to.

You may be able to keep up with me on the flat stuff for a change. Only kidding!!! I am sure it will pay for itself with all the extra sailing you will be doing.

adam - 11-7-2007 at 17:45

Did you get one of these or end up with a Starboard can't remember?

Has anyone used a JP X-Cite Ride 105 and how do they compare to a Supercross (looking at a 2004 board)

justal - 11-7-2007 at 20:31

I Got a Starboard S-type in the end Adam. I still think I'd like a small speed board though!

Al.