Board logo

Thurs, Fri & Sat looking good.
justal - 26-12-2007 at 08:30

Forecast looks good at the moment for the next few days... 25-30 knots most of the time and SW.

Think I'll give it a miss today and earn some brownie points and hopefully recover from my cold and sa myself for the next few days.

See you all on the water.

Al.

Drben - 26-12-2007 at 10:52

Hey alan, ben from llandrindod here. up at my folks for xmas but looks good for the next couple of days. you gonna be in the water if i get over tomorrow? where do you reckon, lifeboat station or golf course? and wot kinda time? hopefully c u there
ben

justal - 26-12-2007 at 11:26

Yep. I'll be out.... Probably from Ynyslas end so that I can just walk across. Tides are pretty big and high tide is around 10am so I'll plan to get to the beach around 11am if that suits everyone else. The water should be off the pebbles by then.... The wind looks good all day so hopefully there won't be too much of a rush anyway. It could be a big day as the swell looks pretty good too.

Steve... You might manage that Forward Loop attempt before the end of the year after all!!!

Al.

Impi - 26-12-2007 at 12:12

I will be down as well. Hopefully it will be better than the other day. Is there a forward loop challenge on?

justal - 26-12-2007 at 12:55

Nice one Impi... Yep, last one over the handlebars is a ponce!!

Al.

Impi - 26-12-2007 at 14:34

Right, youre on, I off to find some bigger balls before tomorrow!!!

Drben - 26-12-2007 at 14:48

do you mean golf course? is there still a height limit on the car park as don`t think i`ll get my van in. as for forwards think i`m gonna strugle on port tack me being a s wales starboard boy. c u about 11. ben

justal - 26-12-2007 at 17:28

Yep... Golf Course Car Park and there is a height restriction (2.1m I think).... You could always park a little further down the road and walk across as I will be.

Good to see you are the first to get your excuse in as far as the forwards are concerned... I'm sure you won't be the only one with an excuse, I can already feel a little twinge in my back!

Al.

chris - 26-12-2007 at 21:03

lovely job. just got back from a week visiting around the country and there is wind for the next few days and a new kite from santa. see you on the water.

shem - 27-12-2007 at 19:55

lucky you Chris, what did the old boy bring ya?

Fart Boy - 27-12-2007 at 19:55

The van is packed and will be over for Fri & Sat Dyfi side.

Fart Boy - 30-12-2007 at 16:28

Well I for one had a good Fri & Sat with the some of the massif coming over to boost the low Dyfi numbers.

Now found out why my kite inverted mid run Fri. has a split front to back in the LE!

Must admit my last sail of the year on Sat was a bit of a full on gusty one but fun.

See you all in the new year and have a good one.

dunk - 30-12-2007 at 20:25

Tut tut guys, you windsurfers still going on about forward loops. Just do it, its only a spin in the air!

Just try not so powered, off some small chop, and hold on tight.

I find its far more scary to do one with a kite, get it wrong, down loop your kite and get punished. With a windsurfer if it goes wrong you can just let go and its over.

I'm not windsurfing much these days, but I can still nail em off smalll chop on the lake.

Dunk