Board logo

Weather in Wales - Week beginning 23rd Jul
justal - 22-7-2007 at 14:42

Looks as though there could be some decent wind around for the second half of the week.... Who is coming out to play??

Al.

kelvin - 22-7-2007 at 19:16

me ,me, me
not that way though .
hopefully it will stay as forcast this week .
tides not the best for waves this way in afts though

justal - 23-7-2007 at 08:20

Plenty of wind out there at the moment.... Just a shame that Anna decided to share her stinking cold with me!

Al.

kelvin - 23-7-2007 at 14:43

foregoing the beasly eastly for today to finish repair on board ready for some tidy sw in week .
another board about to bite the dust soon I think , not bad this one 3 yrs to hammer the deck to a pulp !

justal - 24-7-2007 at 13:48

Thursday is looking good at the mo.

Kel...What board is about to bite the dust? Sounds like time for some retail therapy!

Al.

jon130173 - 24-7-2007 at 16:18

Hi - am in Wolverhampton at present - I have brought over my instinct 13m; from where I live; what would you recommend as the best places to go in the next few days.

justal - 24-7-2007 at 16:34

Borth is looking good for the next few days and there will no doubt be other kiters on the beach to keep you company.

Al.

kelvin - 24-7-2007 at 18:49

quote:
Originally posted by justal
Thursday is looking good at the mo.

Kel...What board is about to bite the dust? Sounds like time for some retail therapy!

Al.

f2 maui project 8 2" 76L me perfect match for a 5.2m , deck gone soft in front of back straps , just done a repair which should give it a bit more use , but its going to be a run it till its totalled job , no real rush to replace as i,ve several other wave boards .
no dought when it does go i,ll be scouring the ads for something similar new but several yrs on shelf ,

justal - 26-7-2007 at 10:28

Looks as though the wind isn't going to arrive properly until later in the day now.... So I shall wait until then to go out.

Kel... At least its better to use your kit and break it rather than simply have it get old in the garage! I snapped another boom yesterday!

Al.

justal - 26-7-2007 at 12:11

Here we go..... averaging 25 knots, gusting to 30 knots now... Time to head to the beach

Al.

Spooker - 26-7-2007 at 14:53

Its at times like these that I really don't like the power of the internet. I'm stuck in a crummy little office on the 5th floor of a soul-less building in Norwich, the clouds are scudding past the windows in a stiff breeze, and worse - I know its FAB in Borth - Al will be telling us all about it in a couple of hours.
Worse still - it's looking rubbish for the weekend.
Gotta try and sopt looking at this site during the week.....

justal - 26-7-2007 at 15:15

quote:
Originally posted by kelvin

f2 maui project 8 2" 76L me perfect match for a 5.2m , deck gone soft in front of back straps , just done a repair which should give it a bit more use , but its going to be a run it till its totalled job , no real rush to replace as i,ve several other wave boards .
no dought when it does go i,ll be scouring the ads for something similar new but several yrs on shelf ,

You'll have to join the queue Kelvin.... I've just snapped my Naish Hybrid Freewave clean in half. It was the best board I've ever owned, and only one I've ever had from new..... Grrrrrrr.

Al.

bucski - 26-7-2007 at 16:59

Was fun at blackrock spooks, just got back 25knts+, oh and went out at hells mouth yesterday excellent again with lots of waves to play in, oh and the day before wasn't bad either.........

kelvin - 26-7-2007 at 18:36

must have been a hell of a flat landing Al .
Like the naish stuff got me a vector freewave and it too is one of the best turning boards i,ve tried , and i,ve tried a lot .
Plenty cheapies around could replace me maui project for £349 brand new , which is a bargain for a board that was once double that .
Whats happened with the naish ,?

justal - 26-7-2007 at 19:28

It wasn't a flat landing at all, quite a nice tail first landing actually and only a smallish jump as well. Definitely shouldn't have been enough to snap a board... Actually I don't even think I'm good enough to jump high enough to snap a board!

It actually snapped between the two sets of footstraps as well, whereas any boards I've seen that have snapped due to a flat landing usually go between the front straps and the mastfoot.

I'm gonna see what Naish have to say about it first as its only a year old so is still in warranty. I'd like to get it replaced with another Hybrid Freewave 86 as I really like the board and have been raving about it all over the net for the past year so it will be shame to see it go.

Al.

kelvin - 26-7-2007 at 19:58

opppps like this you mean ! this was from a flat landing
[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j222/vtriders/PICT0007.jpg[/IMG]

kelvin - 26-7-2007 at 20:03

oh this is where my maui proj started to go as well .

shem - 26-7-2007 at 20:58

Had a epic one out there today, and I didnt snap my board!

justal - 26-7-2007 at 21:07

Yep, just like that Kelvin... I've had plenty of boards delaminate and go squishy in between the straps before, but I've never snapped one before.

I'd like to say I was out in mad conditions and doing massive jumps, but in reality it was only 2 foot surf and jumps not a lot bigger, so I'm surprised it snapped so easily.

Al.

Spooker - 27-7-2007 at 07:44

quote:

Was fun at blackrock spooks, just got back 25knts+, oh and went out at hells mouth yesterday excellent again with lots of waves to play in, oh and the day before wasn't bad either.........

Bloody teachers with 6 week summer hols...

justal - 27-7-2007 at 17:01

Here's a photo of my snapped Naish Hybrid Freewave

Al.

Impi - 28-7-2007 at 08:07

Ouch!!! That does not look pretty. Look on the bright side, you dont need an excuse to go shopping for a new one.

kelvin - 1-8-2007 at 10:30

any news off naish Al ?
a full report of customer satisfaction in dealing with them !

justal - 1-8-2007 at 14:35

Well... So far they take a while to answer the phone or get back to you, but I've sent them loads of photos and they have said that boards shouldn't snap that easily so we'll see what they do next.... I've pimped their boards enough in the past, here, on other forums and on the beach so hopefully they'll be nice to me... If not I shall just have to take back all of my pimping!.

Don't worry, whichever way it goes you'll get to hear about it along with everyone else in the windsurfing community!

Al.

justal - 11-8-2007 at 05:34

Well, Naish have been good about it all. It took a bit of time for the messages to get to the right person and for them to get the photos etc. to the factory and such like, but once the necessary info was in the right hands they were really good.

I had a nice long chat with the guy in charge on Thursday, and they have decided to rule in my favour and 'get me back on the water ASAP' by sending out a brand new board to replace the Hybrid Freewave under warranty. They didn't have any 86 litre ones left, just the smaller 78 or the larger 96. I guess I could have waited until they had new 08 boards in but instead I have gone for the last remaining 2007 84ltr US1111 Pro Wave. Its a more expensive board with lighter, stiffer construction, but I'm not paying for it so I'm not complaining.

I don't have it yet and they were a little worried that although the computer said there was one in the warehouse there might not be one thee, so I shall try to curb my excitement until I actually have it, but overall its a good result and goes to show that warranties (from Naish at least) are worthwhile.

I've always pimped the Naish Hybrid Freewave as a board, and now I have reason to rave about their customer service too. Can't wait to try the new board.

Al.

shem - 11-8-2007 at 09:20

Naish Customer care, certanly is up there at the top. Pleased things worked out well for you. They were pretty amazed that one of their boards had actually snapped, so it must be a rarety.

justal - 24-8-2007 at 19:26

Looks as though they couldn't find the Pro Wave anywhere in their warehouse, but have found a Hybrid Freewave in a shop in Cornwall... It'll probably take a couple of weeks to get to me though, I just hope it is here before I go to the Isle of Man.

Al.