Board logo

More Floods
justal - 21-7-2007 at 07:49

Anyone get flooded yesterday?

We were fine here, only 27.6mm of rain altogether, which although quite a lot is nowhere near as much as some places which had over 100mm.

Al.

justal - 21-7-2007 at 10:21

Just heard that James couldn't make it to the coast from Shrewsbury today.... All the trains are cancelled and the coaches can't get through.

Al.

AndyW - 21-7-2007 at 10:53

Work was flooded out in Malvern.

Luckily I was working from home but the others had to abandon the office and try to get home. Some only made it into Worcester by leaving their cars and wading through the flood waters.

Welcome to the school holidays.

Loxley - 23-7-2007 at 12:20

Well Debs and I were 'mudded' rather than 'flooded' at Wakestock.
Had settled in for a good weekends music at the festival ground, so although knee deep in mud by friday afternoon it was a great vibe.

Then health and safety closed it all down early saturday morning.

As it was had to get the camper towed out by a mate's tractor ! Handy to have local knowledge LOL

Mind you, loads of people camping just set fire to their tents in protest.

Not the best end to the weekend.
Still , fingers crossed for some wind this weekend.

klasse35 - 23-10-2007 at 15:00

Hi Al, any New observations on the Sun over England today ? like a Halo or as I had seen it once with Halo and quadruple intense-light-points on that Light-ring
something like what I've found recently called "Einstein-Light" (<RST-Cosmology>- Preface-Pix) there described as bowed by Gravity-forces.
As Wales is under the Traject of the Spaceshuttle STS-120 went off this morning (?), you should see effects
like "Foreward-Diffraction" by the propulsion-matter from
their rockets being deposited in the higher Atmosphere.
Plase let me know.
Thx, klasse