Board logo

Wind for the end of the week??
justal - 6-8-2006 at 07:27

Well, there is a little wind forecast for second half of the week and the weekend... I might get to try out my new board!!!

Not lots of wind according to the forecasts, but that may all change!.. I wonder how much I need to get going on my new board with a 5.7m sail?

Where will everyone be??.. Borth, Ynyslas, Aberdovey or further afield?

Al.

Impi - 6-8-2006 at 15:45

Al

If all goes well, I may be able to sneak a day off work this week. No doubt making this comment I have now condemed myself to an urgent task my boss wants completing before Friday. I am really keen to see that new board of yours in action. It should work with a 5.7 but who knows as it is such a radical design. Just dont breakit on your first run.

justal - 6-8-2006 at 15:49

Cool... Apprently it will handle a 5.8m pretty easily so I'm hoping to get it up and going in about 16-18 knots with my 5.7m

The wind has just filled in a little here...gusting to 18 knots, if it stays like that for another half hour I may have to christen the board!!

Al.

justal - 7-8-2006 at 06:07

Looking slightly promising for Wednesday at the moment.

Al.

justal - 7-8-2006 at 17:20

Well... I wasn't expecting wind today, but all of sudden we had 25 knots of it with wall to wall sunshine.... Needless to say I managed to try out my new board.. Full details here.

Impi - 8-8-2006 at 07:55

Lucky man. Oh to live across the road from the beach, what bliss. Still looks a bit touch and go tomorrow though and may not be worth the drive. The weekend looks similar as well. What says weatherman Al?

justal - 8-8-2006 at 08:46

Weather Man Al says.......

Ring me in the morning and I'll tell you what it is doing... Of course I can't be held responsible for any wasted journeys, loss of brownie points, or feelings of discontent if you stay at home and I have a 5 star session!

Al.

Impi - 8-8-2006 at 09:15

Would I hold you responsible? No way but dont leave the new board lying around as it might be used as a sacrifice to wind gods. Only kidding, lets hope there is some decent wind soon.

Impi - 8-8-2006 at 12:49

Bloody typical. Just been informed that i have attend a meeting in Manchester tomorrow. So no day off for me. There you go Al, wind is going to blow its tits off.

justal - 9-8-2006 at 06:40

15-18 knots at the mo.... But I'm off to work as well.

Al.

justal - 10-8-2006 at 04:18

Blowing a hoolie here at the moment... I'm just waiting for it to get light and then I shall be out on the sea.. Wonder if I should take my 5m sail or go smaller??

Al.

Impi - 10-8-2006 at 06:13

Grrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!
As a consequence of my meeting yesterday I now have tons to do so no chance of taking the day off.

Grrrrrrrr again.