Board logo

Webbed or standard gloves ?
batboard - 13-6-2005 at 13:22

I'm buying a new paid of thermal gloves. Webbed or standard issue, what ya think ?

Airborne - 13-6-2005 at 17:57

Hi, i personally have the standard ones. It depends entirly on what you want:

Webbed:
* gives less movement
* gives better thrust, paddle power
* can get annoying when wanting to hold onto the rails of your board

Standard:
* give more movement
* you have to cup your hands every time you paddle to get the most thrust out of them
* it is easier to hold the rails on your board

Hope that helps, i would personally go for the standard ones as most of your power is supposed to come from your fins. But, its your choice.

Any one else any more suggestions?

Cheers,
Airborne.

MrSimes - 14-6-2005 at 09:45

NO GLOVES!!!

Airborne - 14-6-2005 at 15:51

brave man who enters the atlantic ocean in the middle of winter without gloves, your hands and fingers go numb, as well as them locking in the position u hold your board from the cold!

MrSimes - 15-6-2005 at 09:48

Yes well I havnt had the "pleasure" of experiencing such cold water! Im used to baggies and rashvest!

Airborne - 15-6-2005 at 16:24

I cant wait to go back to baggies and rashvests on my summer hols at Lacanau, West France.

Where do u surf to just wear that simes?

booger - 16-6-2005 at 08:14

id love to see all the asians from around the goldy that wear steamers or other wetties all year round (even on 40 degree days in the middle of summer, water temp 25+ degrees) surf over there in the atlantic when its hell cold where u need gloves n booties they would need like 5 wetties i dont rekon they would survive

Airborne - 16-6-2005 at 11:48

lol, but then again u dont see many asians surfing ...well i havent

mexican bandit - 3-8-2005 at 16:10

Join the polar bear club - dip into frozen water in midwinter with nothing but your trunks.

Webbed gloves aren't that bad. The problem is that they slip a bit, you spend a bit of time readjunsting them.

It's good fun to not use your fins and try standing on the board. Make sure it has a good layer of wax - long tima ago one foot slipped and the board went up between my legs........

I'll leave it there; too many bad memories coming to me.